Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Ode to John Mayer

Ok, for all you who really know me should know that I love music. I love all types, all singers, and I love going to concerts. I love John Mayer. He has such an incredible way with words and is a musical genius. I love to just listen to his songs, shut my eyes, and get lost in the music. It's complete euphoria. I went to his concert a couple of years ago at Usana and he came with Maroon 5. It is by far the best concert I've ever been to. He played his popular songs, then pulled one of his band members to sit by him, and the two of them jammed for like 40 minutes. The sun was setting, and they had this cool background. Amazing. When I heard that he was coming again, I was elated. But then I remembered that we had no money and I wouldn't get the chance to listen to him live. Boo. However, I have the best husband in the world. He knew how much I wanted to go, so he bought two tickets. Not only two tickets, but they are like the 20th row back, in the center. You start to think to yourself, now how are they going to afford that? Well, my dear husband has donated plasma twice a week for the past month to pay for these glorious tickets. I was completely beside myself. Now the tickets mean that much more. :) Now, I'm not psycho or anything. I don't stalk John Mayer. I don't know his favorite color, or where he buys his underwear, or anything like that. I just appreciate the ability for a person, any person, to take their feelings, insecurties, life events, and to express themselves with music and lyrics.

I decided to post some of my favorite songs so you can all enjoy the pleasure of hearing his genius creations. I love these songs.... I can relate to every one of them. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I love you and your addiction to John Mayer's underwear. Your husbands blood has more than life saving value, it has the power to save the dream of a young girl who would do anything to be close to the melodies of a man named John. I love you guys. Happy May, it is alomost over.

    ReplyDelete