Monday, November 3, 2008


Collin, Ava, and Hanah

I love how big her head looks. It's awesome!

Eating birthday cake and loving it!

This is the cake I made for Ava.

Could life get any busier? YES IT CAN! Whew! I feel like I've been in a whirlwind the past few weeks, and life's only going to get crazier! Just some quick updates:
Nate is working as a bookkeeper for a restaurant in Park City called Bangkok Thai. He works right off of Foothill Dr. in his boss's home. We feel EXTREMELY blessed for Nate to have that job. Some of you know, but some of you don't, but he was out of a job for 6 weeks, and it was just a little bit hard. It's definitely one of those experiences where you have to count your blessings hour by hour and constantly remind yourself of all the things you do have. It's also one of those experiences where you learn that earthly things can be taken away in an instant but when all is said and done, you only have your family and the gospel. Going on, he is doing well in school and has decided to become a Forensic Accountant. He plans to graduate with his bachelor's in May 2010 and he'll have his master's the following year. He has just been called as the 1st counselor in the Young Mens.
I am still loving school. Whoever said that getting up at 5:30 a.m. would get easier is LYING! I still have to drag myself out of bed, pry my eyes open, and I have lovely bags under my eyes. But I love school and am grateful that I can go and that I have an extremely supportive family (in-laws included) that are willing to help me. I was just called as the Secretary in the Young Womens. I don't feel old enough to be a leader. Last week we had a lesson on dating, and I was dating 3 years ago. Weird.
Ava just had her first birthday. She got tons of cute clothes and a cute stroller that she can push around, although she tries to crawl in it. Hee hee hee. She was a lady bug for Halloween. We went trick-or-treating at Grandma Cash's work and then we went trick-or-treating to Grandma Senten's house. She hated her costume, but she looked so dang cute in it!! She still won't take a dang step, no matter how hard we try to bribe her. She loves giving hugs and kisses and is just the light of our lives.

6 comments:

  1. I am so glad that all is going well! That is awesome that Nate finally has a job! We need to get together...or have you totally forgotten about us ;-)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Ava made such a cute lady bug! And your cake was awesome! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She looks so cute in her costume. I love her cake too. You are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Timothy took his first step Sunday. but, will he do it again? No! We've been trying to bribe him too. And it must be something with the age because Tim hated his costume. He wouldn't keep the hat on so we finally had to safety pin it so he couldn't pull it off. The cake you made for Ava's b-day was so cute! If you still lived close I'd have you make one for Tim's birthday in a few weeks.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Claudia your cake was fantastic! It was perfect for Ava. You are DANG talented! I get excited when I can get the frosting to stay on a 2-layer cake (for some reason it always droops off!). Congrats to Nate on his job and on his new calling. You're going to be great in YW's. I was just called to be a Mia Maid adviser! It's going to be great. I'm just barely older than those girls...ah well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe she's having a birthday, that it's been that long!

    ReplyDelete