Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Don't Worry, Be Happy

Last month was a "Wo is me" month. I don't know what it was, but I really struggled to get through February. I have been struggling with work, church, my kids, my communication with Nate, EVERYTHING! There were days I felt like doing absolutely nothing. I know I was a horrible mother and wife, but I didn't care. And then, I got even more depressed and down on myself because I know I should be grateful for what I have, so why am I complaining? Sometimes I feel very inadequate as a human being. I tend to focus on my failures instead of my successes. For instance, I am a little on the chunky side and would like to lose a few pounds. So, I wrote down my goals, posted them where I would see them often, yadda yadda yadda. So 7 a.m, rolls around, my alarm goes off, and do I get out of bed to exercise? Nope. I decided I would like to sleep for another hour. Not only do I do this sometimes, it's pretty much habitual. So no wonder I'm not losing weight. So the next week, I tell myself that I'm going to exercise and eat great, and I fulfill my goals.... for about 2 days. Blah. I was explaining my disappointment in myself when Nate made a great point. He said "Well, you may not do it some days, but at least you haven't quit trying." That really meant a lot to me that he could see my perserverance when I couldn't see it in myself. Every day in February was a battle, but I kept going.
Now, let's go to March 1st. It's like I was a whole new me. I made my daily TO DO list, and I got up early enough to exercise. I ate well, I crossed off my TO DO list, played with the girls outside, did a little crafting, and cooked a fabulous dinner. Not only did it happen March 1st, but it's happened every day since then. I am beginning to think February was just a downer month. I need to file it away in the back of my mind and forget about it.

Does this sound weird? Does this happen to anyone but me?
On the up side, I took these two pics, and they make me smile. I love my two little girls. When I look at Halle's eyes, it seems like I've know her forever. When she looks at me, she is so intense and it's like she can see right to my soul. Oh, I wish she would stay a baby forever. I love rocking her to sleep and just cuddling with her.




5 comments:

  1. You are not weird. I'm just the same as you! I'm totally a list person. Nate made the perfect comment, you are still trying! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off-your girls are so stinkin cute! Secondly, I love this post. I totally relate and am grateful that I am not the only that feels like this. I write my list everyday and get really down on myself when I dont complete it. LOVE what Nate said...what a great husband. You are amazing Claudia- keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same here! Last month was totally a downer month.. and I am still kind in a goof, but I am trying to work stuff out! Thanks for being such a good example to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your girls are so beautiful.. I can totally relate to this post, last month John and I ate A LOT and spent a lot. We decided to change and I have been feeling much better. If you ever feel like exercising with us in the morning, it would be fun to see you out there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get in that same slump with eating, exercising, and cooking dinner:)I'm glad I found your blog!!

    ReplyDelete