Friday, April 16, 2010

Sealings

Every 3rd Friday of the month, Nate and I go to the temple. It's our ward temple night, but if we can't make it in the evening, we make arrangments to go during the day. So, today we went and did sealings. Somewhere in the back of my mind, I always secretly want to have one of those experiences where the people you're being sealed to appear to you and you'll have a glorious vision................... and I'll probably never have one. Just like there hasn't been one defining moment of where I knew the gospel was true. I hear of these stories where people have this one moment that just blows their mind away and they have this revelation where they KNOW the church is true. I've never had that. I've just always known it's what I want to live and I simply know the gospel is true.... I haven't had that ONE moment. I've had spiritual experiences and such, but deep down, I have always known that Heavenly Father and Christ are real. I've never doubted that Joseph Smith saw them. I've always known my family is forever. I've never doubted......
So, bringing me back to today. Doing sealings was just like very other time I've done sealings. No one appeared to me and I didn't have any great "AHA!" moment. And towards the end of the session, I was a little sad. I'd prayed to have a great, spiritual experience, and while doing the session, I just felt normal. However, as I was walking back to the dressing room after we had finished, I just knew that I was in the right place. I knew that my Heavenly Father recognized the time I had taken out of my day to go to the temple. I felt His love and I knew that I was his daughter. While I was dressing, I reflected on the beauty and the power of the words that are said while couples are being sealed. I thought about the average, ordinary people who were in the session, but they were doing an extraordinary work. I am grateful that I can kneel across the altar with Nate and remember back to our wedding day to when we made those promises and covenants. I love going to the temple with him. Well, for one thing, he holds my hand more in an hour than he does all month. He also opens my door for me and puts his arm around me. (He is not an affectionate person. At all.) I love going and knowing that Nate and I are sealed together and that our little girls are ours forever. I just love doing sealings.

4 comments:

  1. what a sweet post. thank for sharing. I really enjoyed reading it. You are amazing Claudia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claudia, you sweet girl! I think you know the church is true because you have had wonderful parents who have instilled that to you. You were given that wonderful gift and have developed your own testimony! Just like you are raising your two beautiful daughters with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about wanting that incredible moment where something new and huge is revealed to you...and it usually doesn't work that way, does it? I just have to remind myself how great it is that I've never needed that moment for me to really KNOW. We did sealings last week, too, and I had some of those same thoughts/feelings. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete