With that being said, I'm glad that things have started to calm down. It seems like this week has just been unreal. I find it kind of funny that the past 8 months I have really struggled with the fact that I wasn't able to make plans for after Nate's graduation. And now, I can make plans, but I find myself not wanting to. Not making plans was definitely easier than making plans. When I didn't have plans to make, I just took life day by day and worried about our future, but not too much. Now that there are plans to make, I have a constant headache thinking about everything that has to get done in the next 8 weeks.
So, this week we have had to figure out our schedules. Nate flies back to Virginia to spend a few days with his brother on April 28th. He comes home on Monday, May 2nd and takes a couple of finals. Graphic Products (the company that hired Nate) wants him to start on May 9th. We have decided that he will leave on May 7th (the day after he graduates) and take our car and drive to Oregon. Seeming as how we only own 1 vehicle, this presented a little bit of a challenge because I still need a car down here. After talking to a couple of family members, we now have that situation cleared up. Since we are the Resident Assistants for our court, I have to stay here until June 1st. I will continue working until sometime in May. My little bro, Nelson, graduates from high school on June 3rd, so Nate is flying home June 2nd to be here. We will pack up the night of the 3rd and Nate will drive our moving truck up to Oregon on June 4th and I will fly to Oregon with our girls on June 6th. Whew!
What this translates to:
1 .Nate has roughly 3 weeks left in Utah.
2. I will be a single mother for 4 weeks.
3. I am selling a bunch of stuff so I don't have to pack as much.
4. I am solely responsible for packing our whole apartment while working
a part time job, being the RA for our court, and taking care of two kids.
5. I will need to fit in time to have lunch with all my friends to say goodbye.
While this sounds crazy, I just thank my lucky stars that I am not 7 months pregnant like the last time we moved.
We have all ready started to look for housing. Nate is going to have to pick where we live. This is extremely hard for me because I have hardly any control in making the living arrangements! Eek! I know he'll do a great job, and we have narrowed it down to 3 places... but still! Yikes.
I have been up countless hours this week just trying to think of all the things I have to get ready for the move. I have lists upon lists upon lists. At least that helps me.
So, again, I am deeply sorry if I'm just slightly not there at the moment. If any of you would like to bring me a giant Diet Coke, I will be your BFF for life. Ha!
I can absolutely relate! Josh was working in another city and/or state for a year while I grew a baby, packed our 3200 sq foot house by myself, delivered our baby and worked full time. Somehow we made it and I know you will too. It's just overwhelming sometimes and I do remember crying quite a bit in the last few days before we moved. Just a warning! I'm really excited for you guys!
ReplyDeleteWow...that is overwhelming just to read. Good luck! Oh, and congratulations again!
ReplyDelete