This past weekend we were able to go to our ward campout. This is the first one we have been able to go to since we've been married because I don't work Saturday's anymore! We went to Ft. Steven's State Park near Seaside. We had a lot of fun and spent the weekend with amazing people. We headed out around 5:00 p.m. Friday afternoon. I tend a little girl in our ward til about 6:00 p.m. every night, so we just brought her with us and met her parents at the campground.
Pulling out of our apartment... we were privileged to encounter this...
This beautiful blue jeep was right in front of us. I'm beginning to understand the meaning of "Keep Portland Weird". (Everywhere you go, there are bumper stickers that say "Keep Portland Weird". I haven't ventured much into Portland, so I don't really know just how weird people are. My friend told me about the "Naked Bike Ride" where hundreds of people ride their bikes, naked, across a bridge. There's police directing traffic and everything... so, between the Naked Bike Ride and this dazzling pink bra, I'm starting to get the jest of things...)
I lost a bet to Nate, so I had to drive. It was pretty scary because the roads are sooooo narrow here.
Oh, and in case you're wondering, I haven't cut my hair yet. I'll probably get it done this week or next...
We passed some beautiful scenery, and I made Nate take pics...
As we approached the coast, it turned super foggy. These pictures just don't capture the beauty of the scenery. But, maybe you'll get the idea...
The kids were pretty good riding on the way to Ft. Steven's. We stopped by Carl's Jr. and got them some kids meals, so they were pretty happy.
As soon as we got to the campground, Ava and Emilie started digging in the dirt. By the time we left, Ava was caked in dirt. She looked so stinking cute, though.
She cracks me up! On Saturday, we left our campsite and headed to Coffenbury Lake for a picnic. It was sweltering hot (like 85 degrees) and the kids lasted for only an hour or so. We wanted to head for the beach after the lake, but Halle was a terror, so we decided to head home. :( Oh well, I guess we'll just have to go to the beach some other time.
We got Ava cleaned up and looking normal again.... check out her Barbie shades. She picked them out herself!
Halle was so tired, she refused to smile for any pictures. But, that was to be expected.
Nate helped to cook the hot dogs. He figured he needed to contribute somehow...
After we got home, some of our friends (who also went to the campout) invited us to go swimming. We had so much fun in the pool! It was a perfect way to end a crazy weekend!
We have been blessed to be in an extremely great ward. They have welcomed us with open arms and have made us feel like family. We can't wait for next year's campout!
What a fun time! It looks beutiful there, but crazy!
ReplyDelete