We had such a wonderful Valentine's Day. After Ava went to preschool, we headed over to Papa's Pizza for a little Valentine's party me and my friend were throwing. (FYI, we go to Papa's Pizza every other Tuesday. We meet up around noon, and we stay til about 5:00. Why Tuesdays? They have a special that if you buy an adult pizza buffet, kids eat free. The girls and I get endless salad bar, pizza, and breadsticks for just $7.75. Plus, there is a giant play structure that is in a separate room that the kids play in for hours.... I get to chit chat with my friends and work on projects while the kids play their little guts out. It's pure bliss.) Since our every other Tuesday landed on V-Day, we decided to have a little party.
Ava and Halle made foam invitations from a little kit my mom gave them. They loved making their Valentine's, and I think they turned out pretty darn cute!
**On a little side note, these are Valentine's that we made for our family. It was fun to have the girls thumbprint every Valentine, and I thought it would fun for the family to have just a little piece of the girls on Valentine's Day.
Back to the Valentine's Day party... I made red velvet cupcakes with either jam or a Hershey kiss in the center of each cupcake.
Everyone ate lunch before the party, and the moms just sat and chit chatted for a minute.
On another side note.... These two gals are two of my favorite people. The one in the striped shirt has become one of my very good friends. When I first moved in, she was the first one to make a special effort to invite me to things, and I would literally be lost without her! The one in the maroon colored sweater has recently moved up here to Utah so her husband can attend medical school. All three of us don't have any family close by, so we've sort of become each other's family.
This is another one of my good friends. She has a crafty blog, just like I do, and we have decided to combine our blogs into just one blog. I actually serve on the Enrichment committee with her and the gal in the striped shirt above. (Sorry, I don't want to give out their names, since I don't have their permission.)
Again, back to the party. WE had each kid decorate a paper bag with stickers. The bag was for their Valentine's to go in.
This is Mr. E. He is the striped shirt gal's son, and one of my girls' very best friends. Isn't he just a stud?
Halle didn't really care for decorating a bag, she just wanted to have a sucker. She absolutely looooovvvveeees suckers, and would eat them all day if she had the chance!
Another one of our friends made these delicious cookies out of cake mix! I seriously ate like 5 or 6 of them. Yes, they were that good!
After the party, the other moms went home, but my two other friends (the striped shirt gal and maroon sweater gal) and I stayed and talked. While I was driving home, we had the most beautiful sunset. We don't get sunsets too often since the sky is usually filled with gray clouds, so I just had to take a picture!
When I got home, Nate was making lasagna for "his girls". Nate always refers to us as "my girls", and I just love that he does that. We ate by candlelight and had strawberries dipped in chocolate for dessert.
It was a perfect Valentine's Day.
I love that I was referred to many times as the "striped shirt girl" for the future you can use my name and Emersons. On my way home Emerson said, "That was the BEST Valentine's day EVER!" It was really fun.
ReplyDeleteHow fun!! I love the pizza place idea!
ReplyDelete