First off, Ava has been super excited to know that we're going to have a baby soon. She will often come up and rub my tummy and say, "Rub, rub, rub your belly!" and then she'll giggle. It's the sweetest thing. She was also super excited to see pictures of little Baby Cash. Halle has no clue as to what's going on, and that's ok. I just hope she decides to potty train before the baby gets here.
This is the baby's profile. You can see the little bump of the nose, and the little stubby arms and legs. I actually found out that I am 2 weeks further along than I thought! I will be 11 weeks this Wednesday, which puts my due date on November 28th. Let me tell you, it's awesome to have 2 weeks shaved off this pregnancy!
I am really grateful to be going to the doctors office that I am going to. Several of my friends have recommended them, and the minute I walked in, I felt comfortable. Of course I had a bunch of questions for my doctor, since my last pregnancy was awful. With Halle, I had preeclampsia, and was put on bed rest at 34 weeks, but I also went into labor on my own with her, which means I am at high risk to have another pre-term baby. The doctor and the nurse kept asking me if I was induced early because of the preeclampsia, but I kept telling them I wasn't. I started contracting on my own. Had I been induced, I wouldn't be such high risk... Wonderful, eh? So, my doctor said that it would be wise to start weekly progesterone shots at 16 weeks to help lower the risk of preterm labor. I am also going to have a consultation with a perinatologist (they focus on high-risk pregnancies) to see if they want to monitor me, or have me stay at my regular doctor's office.
For the past 6 weeks, I have felt like crap. Nothing sounds good, and I have been extremely tired. I haven't cooked or cleaned... I'm doing well if I can do a load of dishes every couple of days and get a load of laundry in once in awhile. My poor kids have been completely entertained by the TV because I don't have the energy to entertain them or take them places. Nate has had to cook dinner a lot, and he's put up with me going out to eat for lunch because I just can't stand making food! I get super sick at night, and get this weird metallic taste in my mouth that just won't go away no matter how much I brush my teeth or chew gum. Gag! I have been super nauseous, but lucky enough to not throw up.
With my other 2 pregnancies, I didn't take a lot of pictures, and I kind of regret it. Being pregnant is such a miracle, and I never realized just how amazing it was. I just thought of myself as a giant marshmallow, but my body is making a human being! So, in the next month or so, you can expect a profile pic of my little tummy. :)
YAY! I am so happy for you...especially getting 2 weeks shaved off.
ReplyDeleteLosing two weeks is the best! PRegnancy is a miracle, its just hard to remember that when you feel so sick. So excited for you!
ReplyDeleteDue to the pregnancy, you've been feeling sick? : ( So sad!!! I sure hope you feel better soon!
ReplyDelete