Friday, November 2, 2012

 
I reached 36 weeks of pregnancy on Wednesday.
Whew...
I feel like I am ready to explode!! It seems that I simply cannot expand or grow anymore....
but somehow I do.
 
I went in for my weekly appointment on Tuesday, and I am dilated to a 1 cm, but no effacement yet. This little girl is still pretty high, but my cervix is soft, so I guess we'll see how things go this next Tuesday.
 
I have been having Braxton Hicks contractions like crazy. They usually hit me super hard at night, and come quite frequently. I even started timing them last night in hopes that maybe, just maybe, I would be in labor. But they stopped after about an hour and I was able to sleep through the night (well, exept for the 5 times I got up to use the restroom...).
 
I have gained about 30 lbs, which is about normal. :) Weight gain has been the last thing I've been worried about with this pregnancy, but I'm happy that I'm in the normal range. I also don't have any new stretch marks (hooray!) but that's been at the bottom of my worry list as well.
 
On a little side note... it really drives me nuts when all women are worried about is weight gain and stretch marks. If you don't want them, don't get pregnant! Those two things are absolutely inevitable! Sure, my body isn't going to go back to what it was... I will have saggy boobs and my stomach is absolutely hashed, but it is what it is. I've now successfully grown 3 humans inside me.... I'm bound to be a little out of shape. :)
 
I think we've settled on a name for this little girl. For a long time, Nate was really set on one name, and I was set on another... and neither one of us liked the other's name.... and neither one of us was really willing to budge.... so we just avoided talking about names. Then on Thursday, after the girlies went to bed, we sat on the couch and hashed out names. It was a grueling process... going through names, agreeing or disagreeing on them, going through nicknames.... oi. I really hope our next kid is a boy because coming up with another girl name will be brutal! (Yes, we are planning on another one... who knows when, though...)
 
BUT... we've narrowed it down to 4 names, 3 of which were not originally on either of our lists...
And today, I think we've narrowed it down to two names with one being the front runner. But, we're just going to have to meet this little girl before we decide for sure.
 
I am ready for this pregnancy to be done, and to have my body back to a somewhat normal shape. :) So, please pray that I have her this upcoming week!! :)

3 comments:

  1. Youlook great for being 36 weeks pregnant! I can't wait to hear the official name for this baby. I hope she comes before I go to Georgia. I need some little brand new baby time again...Piper is getting to old already. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! Gen here! I totally know what you mean about the whole weight gain and stretch mark thing. I had faithfully put "anti-" stretch mark cream on my tummy during my whole pregnancy, and it did NOT work!! I've got the "flames" to prove it!! : ) Oh well! That's the way it goes. And in regards to the weight -- you need some extra weight, with all of the energy you have to exert for the first many months after birth! In regards to baby names -- We had decided on Ryan for a boy and Cathy for a girl. But when I was in labor, I got the inspiration to change my son's name to what it is now -- and who's going to argue with a lady in labor!!! : ) Sorry to hear you're having such a hard time agreeing on girl names. I have a girl name for you, that just came to me! Monica. (the normal pronunciation -- with the "o" pronounced as in the word "on", and the "i" as in "it") : ) Best wishes to you in labor and delivery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I love being pregnant and I am glad you embrace it and not worry about weight gain and stretch marks. Good luck in the weeks ahead!

    ReplyDelete