Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Our 4th

We had a fantastic 4th of July! The weather was beautiful, we spent it with our dearest friends, and the kids all cooperated.... it seems like it was too good to be true, but I guess every once in awhile things go like they're supposed to.

We started the morning with going to the Hillsboro parade. Last year our friends went and saved seats, and they weren't going to be here this year, so we went and saved seats. I planned on being there an hour before the parade started, which in Utah is cutting it close, but it was plenty of time here. The parade itself lasted two hours! Holy cow! The weather was a little chilly... in fact, Halle was wrapped in a blanket for the first half! 

The kids are at such a fun age where they actually entertain themselves, and we don't really have to worry about them running off or doing crazy stuff. We just sat back and watched them and we all had a wonderful time!

I absolutely love this picture of Ava! As I was editing it, I caught a glimpse into her teenage years, and boy, Nate and I are in trouble! I love her sunglasses, the sweet expression on her face, her pointy chin, her little faint smile, and the wind blowing her hair ever so slightly... it's just too stinking cute!


Ava and Hale spent the day with Emerson and Boston... it was fun to watch them all together!

Nate was in charge of Colbie the whole time. He did such a fantastic job, she even took a little nap on his lap! Nothing is more studlier than a man holding a baby. Nate is such a good dad, and I just love watching him with our girls!


Jessica brought face paints and all the kids had "USA" painted on them.  By the end of the parade, half of it had worn off, but it was fun while it lasted!


Living in Oregon, we are amongst (don't know if that's a word...) the liberals, and there's plenty of liberal propaganda that gets thrown into everything, so when there's a conservative float, I had to get a picture!!
It was super awesome! We all no I'm no fan of Obama or his economic viewpoints... so to see this just made my day!


The Hillsboro parade always has a lot of cool things. There's bagpipers, gymnansts swinging around on bars, a girl dressed like a giant blueberry riding on a scooter, Christian rock groups... but one of the coolest things for me was this lady blowing bubbles. It was just amazing to see them float up into the sky!


I snapped this pic of Hal, and I love it! I don't know why she was standing like this, but I love the shadows, and I love her expression.


After the parade, we went home and took a nap. I even was able to take a little 40 minute nap. Imagine that! Holidays are a little bit of a work to pull off, and by the end of the day, I'm exhausted! So catching a little nap was awesome. 

After our naps, we went and had a BBQ with some friends at a park that's near a fire station. We went there last year, and delivered treats to the firemen, so it was fun to continue that tradition this year. 

Miss Colbs had a fun time all decked out in her little star outfit. 


I love this picture of Colbie too... This is how the picture took, unedited. 


After the BBQ, we headed to a local neighborhood that always puts on a spectacular fireworks show. 
I was a little more on top of things this year, and actually bought glow sticks, which the girls loved. 
Of course they made jewelry with their glow sticks!



See how we're all bundled up? It was freezing! By the time the sun was setting, it was a chilly 65 degrees. I don't even know how cold it got after the sun went down. We all huddled up during the fireworks, though. So romantic! Just kidding.


Even Nate sported a glow stick necklace. Good man.

I love the 4th of July. I love this country. I love the rich traditions that we have here, and I love the freedoms we have. We truly live in a blessed country with some amazing people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment