Friday, December 20, 2013

Love him...

I've got a lot on my plate right now, a lot on my mind, and a lot to deal with. I don't even know where to start to describe our life these days, and anything I describe will not do justice to the mass chaos that is our life. 

But, I will start off by saying just how blessed I am to have this man by my side. For 8 years, we have weathered some storms, but nothing like this past year has brought. The trials and hard times that have come this year have nearly knocked us off our feet, and we both feel like we are barely above water... but at least we are holding hands and barely staying afloat TOGETHER. 

I am so grateful that Nate and I have an honest and open communication. Over the past few weeks a lot of raw feelings and emotions over some things have surfaced, and we just seem to be clinging to each other. It's amazing how we have had our highs and our lows, but at different times. When I feel like I'm starting to swim, he expresses some of his doubts and fears, and I'm able to carry us. When I'm feeling low and like I'm sinking, he just gathers me up in his arms and lets me sob until my eyes are completely swollen, and he tells me that we'll make it through. 

I never thought we would be in this place. And when I say "this place" I mean this emotional state. We have had some heavy discussions and have questioned some things that I never thought we would question. 

As we sort through our life right now, and as we are trying to balance everything that's on our plate right now, I can say that I just love him. 



 I love that he understands that managing 3 kids is hard and that maybe our house won't be clean all the time.
I love that he doesn't expect gourmet meals every night and that he's okay with quesadillas or pancakes.
I love that puts up with all my projects that completely consume our kitchen table for weeks at a time.
I love his humility.
I love his sense of humor.
Like the time he showed me this.
I love that we are perfectly content staying home and watching our favorite shows.... from comedies (Brooklyn Nine-Nine) to dramas (Parenthood) to reality shows (Shark Tank).

Nate really is my rock. And I just love him.





5 comments:

  1. love this post, so honest so beautiful. your family is adorable and they are just as lucky to have you. Merry Christmas I hope you have an amazing one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post too! You are awesome. And Nate is awesome. So together you are double awesome! :) This is why Heavenly Father wanted us to have a forever buddy. Your buddy can carry the load when you can't and you can take your turn when your buddy needs a rest. <3 you. Sorry that things are chaotic. I will keep you guys in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love you guys, I look at how you and your sweet family are and hope one day we can be as good. Sometimes when I am feeling like we are sinking, I just have to think, Satan must really be working hard on me I must be doing something right. love you to pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear it has been so tough for you lately! So glad you have each other to carry and ease the load! Here's to hoping for a better year in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice tribute to him. I sure hope things get better over there for ya'll.

    ReplyDelete