Saturday, December 6, 2014

{Catch Up} - 4th of July Edition

This year for the 4th of July, we strayed a little from tradition. In the past we have gone to the parade in the morning, followed by dinner at the Fireman Park and fireworks at a local neighborhood.

This has been a blast in years past, but our good friends invited us over to their place for dinner and fireworks... so I said, "Why not?" 

I'm always up for something new, and wanted to experience fireworks the way I've done them at home.

We did still go to the parade...
It was so fun to watch all the kids race each other for the candy! But what I love most about the parad (besides the fact that I'm with my family and BFF's of course...) is that I have to wear a jacket when I'm not in the sun.

Yup. The 4th can get pretty chilly up here. Like 60 degrees chilly. Gone are the days of sitting in 90+ degree weather... blech! 




Loved how she was sitting! This girl and her sweet smiles... Awe!


These girls are my world up here. Love them like sisters!

And what's even more awesomesauce is we all have little girlies born within 5 months of each other.



For dinner we went to the W's house. Coco absolutely adores Austin. In fact, he has become our go-to babysitter for our girls! They love him, and he is sooooo good with them! He also serves in the YM Presidency with Nate. He's practically family. :)




The kids had fun lighting their own fireworks this year.


We were still able to see some bigger fireworks from the trees. 
I fell in love with this picture because it captured the fireworks behind the silhouettes of pine trees.

This will forever remind me of what our 4th of July's in Oregon were like...(should we ever move from here. Which I hope not. I love this place!)

This is Halle and Steve. He's Austin's dad and a good friend of ours. He is so patient to let my girls tag around his house all the time. :) 

The 4th of July will always hold a special place in my heart. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment