Monday, August 4, 2008

Updates

It's been awhile, so I thought I'd give some updates on what's happening with the Cash family. Both Nate and I are preparing to start school in a couple of weeks. I start on the 20th and Nate starts on the 25th. I'm nervous because I haven't actually gone to a campus in over 3 years. I've taken classes, but they've been online. So, I'm super nervous about finding the right building, getting the right supplies, yadda, yadda, yadda. I will work Tuesday and Thursday afternoons and Saturday mornings. Nate is going to be extremely busy this semester. He is such a good guy and sacrifices so much so I can stay home as much as possible with Ava. He will work about 30 hours a week, work at the U football games, help coach a Little League football team, and is starting upper division classes.
With all these changes, we have decided to move to Magna. We found some nice apartments that fit our budget, and will be moving in the next couple of weeks. It was a really fast decision, but things have fallen into place nicely, and we're excited. It'll be nice to be close to both our families. My mom and his sister will watch Ava while we're at school, so I know she'll be in good hands. Since we only have 1 car, he'll ride into town with his mom, and either my mom or dad will give him a ride back. We'll be in his sister's ward, and my parents are in the same stake. Our apartment is really nice. It is almost 900 square feet, has a kitchen, dining room, and a DISHWASHER! YAHOO! We are on the bottom level, so I won't have to carry groceries up a freaking hill anymore! We have absolutely loved our time in student housing and have met absolutely fabulous people. That's the only downside to moving.
Ava went to the doctor today. She is normal and healthy. She weighs 17 lbs 12 oz (which is only in the 24th percentile) and is 19.5 inches long (which is in the 94th percentile). She started crawling about a month ago and is pulling herself up to furniture and is starting to cruise. Her personality shines through more and more every day. She now can "dance", "growl", fake cough, and shake her head "no". She is so much fun!

5 comments:

  1. WHAT!!! you are moving too? I can't handle the move outs. But at least it's what's best for you guys so I can get over it :) Good luck with all the new changes I hope your school goes well I always thought you would do well with hair because your hair is always fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're sad that you're going to be gone! You'll have to come up every once in a while to play some games! While you're packing, and whatnot, feel free to bring Ava over to play with me and get her out of the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought you were going to hair school? did you change your mind? Kory and I were pretty bummed that we missed the anniversary party! kory said he wished we would have just flown home for the weekend to go...but oh well. Hopefully we wont miss much after this summer. We are coming home NEXT WEEK! i'm so excited! That's great that you are moving to Magna! I'm glad everything is working out well for you guys! it sounds like you both are going to be super busy next semester. we definitely should get together soon! we are so excited to see all of you guys again... SOON!

    oh- to get the updates on your friends' blogs- Go to "choose a page element" and click on the top left one that says "blog list" and then add it. Once you've added it to your layout you just have to edit it and RE-Type all your friends' information (it takes a while. I just copied and pasted each one at a time) and that's all! if you need more help you can call me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. MOVING!!! Who is Timothy going to flirt with in sacrament meeting? Who can I make faces at now? Sigh,at least you are upgrading and getting a dishwasher. I envy you for that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We will miss you guys! Thanks for playing Phase 10 with us!

    ReplyDelete