So, I am 8 weeks pregnant today. And I feel horrible. I am nausiated all the time and I am absolutely exhausted (hence the title of my post!). I am a person who needs tons of sleep anyway, but mix that with being pregnant, getting up in the middle of the night 3 or 4 times to go to the bathroom or to calm my screaming child, and getting up at 5:30 in the morning, and you get one exhausted lady. I'm glad that Ava needs lots of sleep also because we come home every day and take a 2 hour nap together. I just love her. On top of being tired all the time, I am super, super sensitive to smells. For instance, I gave my cute hubby a little peck on the neck the other day, and he smelled like Jiffy Lube. I couldn't be near him the rest of the night because I was so sick. WE got a new couch on Tuesday. It has leather and microfiber and Nate loves the smell of it, but it makes me sick. I can't sit on it because the smell is so overwhelming. Needless to say, I haven't done a lot of cooking lately because the smells make me sick.
In spite of all the prego symptoms, I am enjoying school. I'm doing barbering everyday until March and then I'll switch over to the cosmetology side. So, I feel fairly confident in doing a men's haircut. I am also comfortable with doing a men's shave with a straight edged razor. I have even colored a guy's beard! It's so much fun! I am also taking a nail class and so I'm working on mastering the art of acrylic nails. It's a lot harder than it looks! But I am liking it.
Ava is still crazy. She has learned to cross her fingers and says "Mo" for "more". She is obsessed with barking like a dog and loves to read the paper on her little princess couch. She is insanely picky. She knows how she wants things, and if I don't do it exactly the way she wants, she will throw a fit. She went to nursery for the first time and did really well! I peeked in to make sure she was ok, and it was cute to see her sitting on the little chair eating her snacks.
Nate is busy busy busy. He has about 4 callings. He is the 1st counselor in the YM, Assistant Scout Leader, he's in charge of the YM basketball for our stake and we are learning more about being the Ma and Pa for our trek. He is so dedicated to his church callings and he is always on top of his homework. Plus, he finds time to donate plasma twice a week so that we can have a little extra money. I am so proud of him and feel so lucky to be married to him. He's a wonderful husband. He's fixed a quick dinner the past couple of nights because I just can't stomache it and he's also done the dishes. Wow. He's amazing.
That's our life in a nutshell. I am grateful for this time in our lives. It's been a hard struggle to be in the "student" mode for so long... and for those of you who are students, you know what I'm talking about. Juggling homework, church, work, friends, family, and anything else life decides to throw your way. We often joke about what it will be like to work full time, to not have any homework to worry about, and we like to visualize what we're going to do when our income almost triples once Nate graduates..... well, that's not for awhile, but it's still fun to imagine what life is going to be like. I can't wait for the day when we can go out to eat and not feel extremely guilty for spending $15 on a meal. Hee hee hee. Thanks for listening to me ramble on and on.
The smells are so hard to deal with! I do know that although the sensitivity doesn't pass, the gross-out factor does. I still have my super smell, but I don't get queasy from it anymore. You're right, it'll be nice to be out of "student" mode someday. It's just much more challenging that I ever thought it would be...but so worth it.
ReplyDeleteHang in there! :)
Sounds like quite an adventure with your pregnancy. I can't even imagine. Good thing I am not pregnant right now cause all the smells you smell being a nursing student taking care of sick people would definitely set that off.
ReplyDeleteSo, BJ and I may have found the house we want to buy. If all goes well we will be putting the offer in and moving in around March. I don't know any details but I just wanted to make sure you still had those couches and that we were still good to buy them. Let me know
Nausea means good healthy horomones soaring through your body so rest assured as you are pondering in the toilet water that your baby is strong and healthy already! I am sorry to hear it...it's way to close to home!
ReplyDeleteYou are such an inspiration. I complain all of the time, I'm not pregnant, Matt isn't in school and I only have one child to deal with while juggling my job. I need to step up! By the way, you asked a question on your last blog about getting big. I got way bigger faster with this pregnancy than the first, but overall wasn't any bigger at the end.
ReplyDelete