Monday, March 30, 2009

Spring Break and Ketchup

First of all, I must apologize for my lack of blogging recently. I have been reading the Harry Potter series (I haven't ever read the 5th, 6th, or 7th books) so that takes up all my spare time..... well, reading and sleeping. I have been extremely tired. However, we had spring break a couple of weeks ago, and it was so good to stay home and pretty much do nothing. Well, I did get my house cleaned and the laundry caught up on Monday.
On Tuesday, we went to Costco. I love that place and I hate it at the same time. Love it because of all the wonderful things you can buy, but hate it because of how much money I always manage to spend there. Nate went with me, which is a good thing because he often restrains me from spending too much money. However, one thing we always buy is Ketchup. Nate has this infactuation with Ketchup, and it's unlike anything I've ever seen. We now have 5 huge bottles of Heinz (it HAS to be Heinz) ketchup in our house. He is so proud of his ketchup, he wanted me to take a pic and blog about it, so here it is!

On Thursday we went to Wheeler Farm with my friend Andrea and her two kids. It was a blast to see all the animals up close. Ava loved feeding the geese. She also loved the turkey. She tried making the sound it makes, and it was so cute!





For Easter, my mom always plants real Easter grass in a basket, so Ava and I went and helped her. Ava had so much fun making mud.
She was so tired from all of our days activities that when we came home, I found her like this...


On Friday we headed up to Idaho to visit my great grandma. So that would make her Ava's great, great grandma. She's almost 89 and just got remarried a year and a half ago. She is so special to me. I have been extremely blessed to know her and to have such a good relationship with her. She hadn't seen Ava for awhile, so we wanted to go up there and make sure they spent some time together. I took these pictures, and they are priceless to me. I think my great grandma is such a beautiful woman. She has such a tender heart and is such a great example to me. I am so grateful that she has been able to see Ava and hopefully she'll get to meet our new baby!








And finally, would Spring Break be complete if Ava didn't find a new hiding spot? I think not. She now loves to get into our cupboard and shut the door. She has also learned more words such as hot dog (gog gog), thank you (tee too), Dada, Mama, bye bye, and eyes. She also knows what a monkey, dog, snake, cow, and lion says. She absolutely loves to sing the Popcorn song and the Wiseman song. It is so fun to watch her grow and learn. She is the light of our lives.




6 comments:

  1. Ava is adorable (which I know you already know). We've missed having you in the village. Glad to hear that you were able to relax during Spring Break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe how big she is getting. She is so cute. How are you doing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats cute! Joey just discovered that cupboard also since we packed everything that was in it. I love the ketchup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Claudia, she is just beautiful. Glad you had a great spring break.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe she fell asleep in the laundry basket! That is so funny! She is the cutest little lady ever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ryan also HAS to have Heinz. Is it really that different? :) I read the whole Harry Potter series when I was pregnant with Addie . . . as I was too tired & nauseous to do anything else. Loved'em!!

    ReplyDelete