Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Black Eyes and Big Girl Bed


It seems as if I am always trying to catch up on our life. Maybe now that I'm done with school, I'll blog more often. Can't make any promises though. We finished another semester! Wahoo! And now, the real work begins. This summer, my goal is to: 1. Get Ava into a big girl bed. 2. Potty train her and 3. Take the heavenly binkie away. I know, I'm such a mean mom, but I don't want to have a 3 year old kid going to Primary with a binkie. There's just something wrong about that. I am working on goal #1. And, here is a cute pic to show Ava's first night in her big girl bed....



Getting her to go to sleep was a challenge. I am used to just setting her in her crib and she'll go right to sleep. But as soon as I shut her door, she got out of bed and started crying. So, I layed in bed with her until she fell asleep. At 7 a.m. this morning, I am woken up by her bright and shining face grinning at me. Great. My freedom is taken away! I am used to her just babbling to herself in her crib while I get an extra 45 minutes of blissful sleep, but alas, I cannot do that anymore. Oh well. :) Tonight went a little better..... we'll see how the rest of the week goes.

Around Easter, Ava fell and got a nasty shiner. And I mean nasty. She still has little traces of it.... And one day I was at Burger King and some guy says to me "Ran into a coffee table, huh?" And I said "Yes" and then some other guy has the nerve to say "Do we need to investigate that? Heh heh." I was mortified. People probably think I beat my poor child! Oh brother. So, here are some lovely pics of her eye about a week after it happend.




5 comments:

  1. With Addie I have put a childproof door handle on the inside of her door so she doesn't come out as soon as she wakes up. She will usually play for a little while before finally calling for me to let her out of her room. I'm still working on goal #2, that one has been quite a challenge. As for #3, I have a thumb sucker and I'm not sure how to approach that one. Good luck with all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man that really is a good one. Poor thing. That probably was just as hard on you as it was on her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there with bedtime! It will be so worth it. Lexee once had two black eyes and a swollen nose, I know how it feels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. With Goal#3, Sam "weaned" himself off of it. We actually cut the tip off of all the ends of the pacifiers when he was asleep. Then, whenever he'd go to put one in his mouth, they wouldn't work quite right, so he'd spit them out. After trying EVERY single pacifier, he gave up and hasn't used one since.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about the black eye, I think every kid has to get at least one of those in their lifetime. Anna fell off the ledge of the bathtub at my parents, then pulled the chair on top of her that day, black eye and bruised cheek. Pretty sure we didn't leave the house for a couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete