Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Dancing Queen







So, my little Ava has developed quite the love for performing arts. I usually try to give her some time at the piano every day, and she loves to sing songs and play the piano. Tonight, it was my job to play the piano while she sang songs out of my "All You Need to Know About Canning" book. Every time I would stop playing, she would stop singing, point to the piano and motion for me to continue playing. She can be quite demanding at times (ok, ALL the time) but it's fun to watch her sing and explore the piano. (We have a full sized key board that makes all different kinds of sounds and plays tons of different rhythms.) During church, whenever we sing the hymns in Sacrament, she grabs a hymn book and opens it up and starts singing and waving her arm like the chorister. It's so fun to watch!

Not only does she loves singing and playing the piano, but she loves to dance! We are big fans of Dancing with the Stars, and every Monday when we turn it on, she runs to her room and gets this pink sparkly dress my sister in law found at the DI. We put it on, and when the music comes on, she gets her groove on! When it's Latin dances playing, she likes to "swish" her dress back and forth just like the dancers, and when slow songs come on like the Waltz, she will come and grab my hand and make me dance with her. We hold hands and dance side to side and occasionally she will do a turn. It's been so fun to watch, that half of the time, I don't even get to see the Stars dancing because I'm too busy watching my little dancing queen!

4 comments:

  1. She is such a doll. I can't beleive how BIG she is. I hope Lindsey gets the love of dance. Congrats on baby number two. When are you due?

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so cute. I love the pink dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is a funny little kiddo! Very cute pink fluffy dress

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must say that dress is super cute, and Ava is a hoot!

    ReplyDelete