Monday, August 31, 2009

The Weekly Happenings

Don't know why this picture loaded sideways.... but Hallie loves her arms out of the blanket and by her face!
Her fist is too cute! It's always by her face when she eats.

So angelic...


Thoroughly enjoying her "cooey"... translation.... "cookie"

Ava loves to sit by her baby "Howie". Lately, when you say "smile" this is the face you get....


Holding Hallie for the first time.


Meeting Hallie for the first time. Ava didn't quite know what to think.
P.S. This carseat is hideous, but the one Nate and I have isn't for 4 lb babies. So, we had to buy one from the hospital. I am not a fan, but it keeps Hallie safe....


So, as of tomorrow, we will have had Hallie home for one week. It's been quite an adjustment for me. The hard part is not having a newborn or the sleepless nights... I've done that before. The hard part for me is having little Miss Ava. Sometimes I just don't know how to deal with her wanting to love Hallie all the time. And to be honest, sometimes I just don't know how to deal with Ava's personality because she is so much like me. So, I've tried to make Ava my little helper. She hands me the bottle or the diaper or gets to throw the dirty diaper away. She helps me with the dishes or with washing her hands... it's been a rough couple of days. However, Hallie is really good natured and doesn't seem to mind when Ava is sitting on my lap while I'm feeding Hallie or when Ava is kissing Hallie's face all the time.
On another note, Hallie is growing bigger day by day. Even though she is still tiny, I can tell that she is starting to chunk up. Her cheeks and bum cheeks are definitely fatter. She is still eating like a champ (it's pretty much her 2nd favorite thing to do. The 1st is sleeping....) and is starting to sleep better at night (THANK HEAVENS!).

I am finally feeling somewhat human again. All of my swellin is pretty much gone. I have lost close to 40 lbs all ready.... I can't believe just how huge I was! Let's just put it this way... my ankles were the size of my thighs. You couldn't see my knee caps.... and I didn't have a chin. Yikes.
Nate survived his first week of school. It's going to be a hecka busy semester, but BRING IT ON! (I know, I say that as if I am going to school... hee hee hee.)

Hope you enjoyed the pictures. As you can tell, I'm quite camera happy. :)

8 comments:

  1. Hallie is so beautiful and it's cute that Ava wants to love on her all the time. I totally know what you're saying about the swollen legs. You couldn't see my ankles or knee caps either...it was GROSS!! Glad to hear you are feeling better and lost so much weight and that Hallie is doing so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey dude-
    If you need a break from little Miss Ava, just let me know. My girls would love to have another little friend to play with. :) Talk to you later! Good luck with everything. Glad you are starting to feel more like yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a adorable little baby! Ya, the toddler all of a sudden gets to be the challange! Joey was so possesive of Jeanie, he thought he should be the one to care for her... made things very difficult!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is beautifully tiny! I am so happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness she is so little and adorable!! love it!! Congrats Claudia! I don't know if you knew, but i have a blog rickandalexis.blogspot.com... you can see my prego-ness!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am happy for you guys!! I am so glad she is home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awwe Hallie is so cute. It is getting me sooo excited to have a little girl. You have the cutest kids! Ava probably already has her own little baby doll but maybe you could get her a new one or make her a diaper bag so she can take care of her baby while you take care of yours. She feeds her baby while you feed Hallie. Good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is so cute it makes me want to cry. In the first picture she looks so much like Nate. I bet Ava is having fun. (Just a warning: Ava might go through a stage of jealousy in a couple weeks.) Best of Luck!!! And Congratulations again.

    ReplyDelete