Friday, September 11, 2009

Where Were You?

8 years ago today, I was getting ready for school. My friend, Autumn, picked me up for school and we headed to go get our other friend, Margeaux. Autumn was hysterical telling me that a building in New York City had just been hit. During 1st period my senior year, the Twin Towers collapsed. Mrs. Beus felt Spanish was more important, so we didn't get to watch what was happening across the country. I didn't realize just how much 9/11 would shape this country's future, or how it would affect my family personally. Where were you when 9/11 happened?

Today Nate and I were watching documentaries on the History channel about 9/11. It was very moving to see the images of what unfolded that day. Everyday people became extraordinary heroes. Many people gave their lives to try and save others. For a moment in time, America was united.




I am grateful for those people who have given the ultimate sacrifice for our country, for those people who have served in the military, and for those everyday people who make America so great.



GOD BLESS AMERICA

2 comments:

  1. What a great post and it is for sure a day I will never forget. I made it a point to talk to Cole about that day and what it meant to our nation so he could begin to appreciate all of the great people to protect and serve us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I remember that day too. Remember how everyone at school kind of walked around like zombies.... not knowing exactly what to think and not being able to fully wrap our minds around the whole experience?

    ReplyDelete