Today Ava and I decided to make some sugar cookies and cut them into the shapes of "pukums" and "ghoats". The first 3 batches turned out pretty good. I put in the 4th batch and proceed to help Nate get dinner ready. All of a sudden, we smell this awful smell.... but we just thought it was the oven burner heating up. Well, the smell gets worse. Nate opens the oven and a bunch of smoke comes flying out! Nate took the cookies out and they were BLACK. What the? Enter Chef Ava. She decided to help me by turning the oven on to BROIL. And this was the end result....
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... tasty.
that is hilarious!! anything left to broil is bound to end up black!!
ReplyDeleteI can't tell you how many times I had to prop the door open and open all of the kitchen windows at the apartments because "chef Marci" accidentally bumped the knobs (trust me they turn way too easily). So at least you had a little helper I could have used her help a lot as well.
ReplyDeleteIsnt Ava so helpful?!?
ReplyDeleteAwesome. I always fear something like that. We have a gas stove/oven so I am always paranoid my girls will turn the knobs and leave gas to fill up my house.
HAHAHA! I love it! She is so funny! Thanks for the good time last night...sorry for being a party pooper, but we had tons of fun!
ReplyDeleteYa know, sometimes I WISH I could blame my horrible cooking mistakes on my kids. But usually its just me!
ReplyDeleteWhat a goofy little chef! I love you guys!!! Tell your brother thank you so much and we will keep him in our prayers. He is amazing~
ReplyDelete