Well, I warned ya!
We've been super busy and have loved every minute of it!
First, we went to the Book of Mormon exhibit with Hanah, Collin, and Livvy
We decided to ride Trax downtown.
Ava calls it "her train" and every time we see it, she literally freaks out.
But it was fun to ride.
Lehi's tent.
Nephi's boat.
The kids had fun "fishing"
and "building" the boat.
It was really good for Ava to see this
because we have been reading
about it in the Book of Mormon.
The Liahona
Replica of the Golden Plates.
These were quite heavy,
and Jenn and I just thought
about the dedication and the strength
it took for Moroni to carry these plates.
It helped me to realize just how much
has been sacrificed to preserve
the word of the Lord.
Hanah, Ava, and Halle loved dancing.
After we saw the exhibit,
we were able to go visit the Angel Moroni
(sorry, couldn't get the picture to upload)
as well as the pulpit that
is in the Conference Center.
I wasn't surprised when Ava walked right up to it
and started talking. :)
Then,
Ava decided to cut her bangs.
Then,
we bought a boat.
Nate and my dad went in on it together
and we bought it from one of
my really good friends.
It comes with everything we
need, so we couldn't
pass it up!
Then,
we had our annual Valentine's Dinner.
For those of you who don't know,
this is a big deal at my house.
My brothers even drove down from Boise
just for this dinner.
Everything is in red and we eat on my mom's
fine china and by candlelight.
My mom always gets us our own box of chocolates.
This year, Nate and I were in charge of
dessert, so we decided to get a chocolate fountain.
(I have been wanting one for-ev-er!)
Ava and Halle helped Dad melt the chocolate.
Ava was the designated napkin folder.
She actually did a really good job.
Dan brought his girlfriend (the girl in the white)
and my brothers made weird faces while I took pictures...
And can you guess who loved the chocolate fountain the most?
Hmmm....
For those of you who don't know,
Nelson is the King of Sweets!
Seriously.
He eats like 2 dozen cookies in one sitting
and can polish off a dozen doughnuts in no time.
For a snack,
this kid will drink a cup of half and half
mixed with 2 packets of instant breakfast.
And how he manages to be 6 feet tall and weigh only 120 lbs
is a complete mystery.
After dinner,
Ava made jello soup.
And tried eating it with a skewer...
And I couldn't resist taking a picture of her little face.
And little Miss Halle just looked darling all evening.
She is quite the comedian and kept us laughing all night.
Then,
I took the girls to South Town Mall
to have lunch with one of my good friends.
We stopped by the fountain,
and Ava made a wish for the very first time.
I told her to wish that Daddy could find a job.
She closed her eyes for a minute
and whispered,
"I wish Daddy could get a job".
:)
We always ride the carousal
and have Hot Dog on a Stick.
Sam and Ava became fast friends
and just played the whole day.
It was funny because Ellen wanted me the whole time
and Halle wanted Mitzi.
Go figure.
Then we went back to the play place
and Ava and Sam met some random little girl.
It amazes me how quickly little kids make friends.
Every time the train would come by,
all the kids would run and stand on the fence
and wave to the conductor.
Before I knew it,
I had spent 6 hours at the mall
just chatting away with Mitzi.
I have loved the past couple of weeks
and can't wait for spring to get here!
wow what a time! Spencer loved the boat and wanted to keep looking at it!
ReplyDelete