Since packing was entirely up to me,
I wanted to make sure I got an early start.
I started boxing everything up the beginning of May.
I'm a little OCD on how everything is packed,
and I have to know exactly where everything is
and that it's packed to my liking.
I also wanted to make loading the truck extremely easy
for those who were kind enough to help us,
so I just put all the packed boxes in my living room.
I had sold my kitchen table and washer,
so the kitchen was free to put boxes in as well.
A couple of days before the move,
my mom and brother came over and helped me
break down all the big furniture and rip some of the carpet pieces up.
We shoved everything into the front room
so that all we had to do was take boxes from the front
room down to the moving truck.
My method worked quite well!
We were able to load EVERYTHING into the truck
in 2 hours! Whew!
So, check out the
living room of doom!
And...
I'm a little sad to leave this apartment.
It represents 5 years of struggling and sacrifice.
I will never forget the first time I saw this place.
Nate and I had just come home from our honeymoon
and we had been married for like 5 days.
We opened the door,
and I raised one eyebrow and said,
"There is no way I am spending the next 5-6 years living here!"
Well, I just ate my words, didn't I?
No comments:
Post a Comment