Monday, September 26, 2011

Capturing the View

     While I was in Utah, I wanted to take some pictures of the views my parents have from their house. They have a really beautiful lot that is completely unique to their neighborhood because their backyard looks out over a green, grassy field. Beyond the field is the rec center and swimming pool. It's just beautiful!
Here's the view looking to the left...
 and here's the view looking to the right....

     When we first moved in, all that grass was just dirt. Where the clump of trees are, there were some dirt hills that we used to ride our bikes in. It was so fun having this as our backyard because we felt like we owned the world.
    The view from the front of my parent's porch is also gorgeous. They live close to the Oquirrh Mountain Range.


  Now, if you look closely, you'll see the "C" on top of the mountain peak... can't see it? Here's a better pic...

      The "C"stands for Cyprus which is the high school Nate and I went to. Growing up, I always thought it was cool to look out my bedroom window and see the "C" because my first name starts with a "C"... ha ha, go ahead and laugh cause I know I'm nerdy. :) But now when we drive past those mountains, we call it the "Cash"mountain and Ava loves to look at it.
     Pictured below is a little bird house that Ava painted for Grammie. Ava always checks to make sure that Grammie has it hung. :)
   
     I love the house I "grew up" in. I didn't move there until I was almost 12, and in fact, I hated living in Magna for the first few years we were there. Magna is where Nate grew up and we both worked at Cyprus Credit Union which was started in Magna. I never thought I would have so many ties and connections to it, but now I call it home.

1 comment:

  1. I loved that C growing up. I always considered it standing for Carlson. :)

    ReplyDelete