Monday, October 31, 2011

Trunk or Treating

     Halloween was pretty low-key this year. Yes, I realize that today is actually Halloween, but we celebrated on Saturday. I'm a lame-o, I know, but it is what it is. My mom flew in Saturday morning, and Saturday night was our ward's trunk or treat! Ava was Princess Tiana and Halle was a bumble bee. Yes, I realize that Ava was Princess Tiana last year, but she really wanted to be Aurora from Sleeping Beauty. I really didn't have time to make a costume, and I didn't want to spend $30 on a dress Ava is going to wear for a couple of hours, so I went to Target, bought a new Tiana crown, and came home and convinced Ava to be Tiana. Worked for her, and it worked for me! Halle was a bumble bee because I already had the costume. That's one of the perks of having 2 girls close in age. They can share costumes! Ha!
    Here's a little side thought.... I'm not really big on spending big bucks on kids costumes. It's just not worth it to me. So, my children will have to settle on the fact that most of their costumes will be homemade.
     Ok, back to trunk or treating...
 
     I tried to get a decent photo of the girls' in their costumes, and here's what I ended up with...

     Saturday was just a gorgeous day. Oregon is absolutely beautiful in the fall. The colors on the trees are so vivid and bright, I just can't get enough of it! But it was fun to see the girls run around with all their friends.

   
     Halle was absolutely terrified of this kid. It was the funniest thing to just watch her stare at him!
 
     I just loved Halle's look on her face in this next picture. She clutched her candy and wouldn't let anyone touch it! We discovered that her favorite candy is Tootsie Roll Suckers.
   

 
  My mom took our family picture. It doesn't happen often, so please excuse my looks. I just didn't feel like getting ready that day. :) Plus, I love the look on Nate's face! Hee hee hee!

     After trunk or treating we went out to eat. Halle now knows 4 letters, and she has been practicing writing her"H's", which really look like X's.

     What I love most about Halloween: eating my kid's candy. Hee hee..... in all honesty, it's fun to see them get so excited to dress up and say "Trick or Treat". Let's hope that next year I'm more on top of my game so that I can actually plan Ava and Halle's costumes rather than convincing them to just go grab something from the dress up box. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment