Monday, October 10, 2011

VooDoo Doughnuts

     While Nate's fam was here, we took them to the oh-so-hip shop... VooDoo Doughnuts. I had heard of them before while I was surfing Yahoo, and they looked pretty tasty!  First off, I was scared driving there because it was in a kind of scary part of town. Plus I had my whole family plus Nate's parents and sister and I was driving in unfamiliar territory.... Needless to say, I was a bundle of nerves.
     But, we found it and these doughnuts were oh-so delicious!


Inside the shop

The display case

I opted for the maple bacon doughnut, which did not disappoint.
Of course, Ava chose the Bubble Gum Doughnut because it was pink.
Crazy thing is.... it tasted exactly like pink bubble gum.

They have other crazy flavors, like Captain my Captain (frosted with Cap'n Crunch Cereal),
Grape Ape (frosted with grape dust) and Mango Tango (frosted with Tang).
Check out their complete menu here.

We were able to eat outside, since it was a beautiful day.

And one of my favorite things was the sparkly brick walls.
I tried to take a picture of just how awesome the walls were,
but this pic just doesn't do it justice.

Heather, Halle, Ava, and Emilie (the little girl I tend)

Pam and Robert

Ava and her Bubble Gum Doughnut

Halle just had a little bit of everyone's doughnut.


And remember how Portlandians pride themselves in their weirdness....
Well, look what I saw...

So, if any of you just so happen to visit us....
we will take you to VooDoo Doughnuts (our treat)
as appreciation for your time and effort in coming to see us!

No comments:

Post a Comment