Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving

I am thankful for many things this year...
I am obviously thankful for:
Mr. Nate: who is simply the best man I have ever met...
My girlies: who make me laugh, cry, swear, and who make me one proud momma...
My testimony, which has been incredibly strengthened the past few months...
My family: I never knew I could miss them so much...

But here are some little things that I am thankful for:
Drop Dead Diva: Nate and I watch it every night after the girls go to bed. We love it.
Contacts: enough said.
Chapstick: I use it way too much, but it still makes me happy. :)
Diet Coke: Mmmm.... I love the stuff!
Papa's Pizza: I go there every other Tuesday with some friends and when you purchase
an adult pizza buffet, you get a kid's buffet for free! 
Plus, they have this amazing play thing inside, and my kids play on it for hours.
I am literally there from noon until 5:30!
The kids play, and I get to chit chat with my friends!
My church calling: For the first time in over 6 years, I am not the music director!
I'm on the Enrichment Committee, and I'm in charge of Super Saturday.
I get to work with some super crafty ladies, 
and I have loved getting to know them.
Costco: We finally got a membership there...
Now we go every Saturday and eat hot dogs.
My kids think it's some sort of restaurant. :)

I love this time of year where we can all take time to reflect on our blessings.
I hate that Thanksgiving gets pushed to the wayside.
I now hate that stores are opening on Thanksgiving night in order for Black Friday.
Boo, I say!

This year we are going to Pasco, Washington to spend Thanksgiving with my uncle and his family.
I have never been there, and we are leaving super early tomorrow morning,
but I am excited to spend it with his family.
This past week, there were 2 families in our ward who invited us over for Thanksgiving dinner.
They knew we didn't have any family near by, and that it was our first 
Thanksgiving away from home, and
I am thankful that they thought of us.

I am blessed.




No comments:

Post a Comment