Thursday, December 22, 2011

Going On A Date

Having 2 children presents some challenges...
among them is trying to have one on one time with each child. 
This rarely happens.

However,
twice a week, Ava goes to preschool,
which leaves me time to get caught up on some things.
I usually come home, let Miss Halle pick her own show
(which is Tangled)
and she gets to be the big girl around the house,
while I fold laundry, do dishes, yadda, yadda, yadda.

But last week,
I thought I would splurge a little 
and take Halle out on a little date.
We didn't do much...
we just went to Carl's Jr. and to Target, 
but it was fun focusing all my attention on Halle.

This is how it started out...


Yeah, she's uber excited, can't you tell?

But then we pulled into Carl's Jr. parking lot,
and went inside.
Yes, we actually went inside a fast food restaurant.
It doesn't happen much, these days...
We ordered some "nuggets, fries, and milk"
per Halle's request...
(She also refused to take her coat off.)


And she also requested "chechup" for her fries.
She thought she was quite clever when she started sneaking food off my tray.
She would sneak a fry when she thought I wasn't looking,
eat the fry, and then proceed to show me how the fry looked all chewed up in her mouth.
Exciting, I know...


I would consider this date a success based on the smiles and giggles that followed 
our delicious food...


I have realized there are times I just need to step back,
leave the housework and chores alone,
and just go out with my kids.

And yes, I say "go out" because we hardly go anywhere.
My kids are used to being out and about everyday,
running errands, going to grandparents houses,
playing with friends....
it just doesn't happen anymore.

Needless to say,
we love going out...
even if it's to Target or Carl's Jr.

1 comment: