We read tons of his books and talked about rhyming, making up silly words, and how to use your imagination. On Thursday, we had a "Green Eggs and Ham" theme. The girls made their own green eggs and ham, and I actually made green eggs for them to try. I simply love that book because it has helped my kids to learn to try new foods.
After we talked about the book, Halle started reciting "I don't like green eggs my ham. I don't like them, Sam I am" in a funny voice. It was so funny, we had to get a video of it! P.S. don't be weirded out that I started out asking Halle to show me her toes. She's obsessed with her feet, and she had them on the table... heee hee ehe ehe...
I decided to throw a little Dr. Seuss party on Friday. I made up little invitations for all of the preschool kids, and we watched "The Cat in the Hat". It was so fun to have all of these little girls over, and it gave me a couple of hours to get caught up on some cleaning! We had popcorn, and juice, and I had made some cupcakes the night before, so I made some mini cupcakes for the girls. It was a fun little afternoon, and I'm glad the girls enjoyed it!
I just love the look on Ava's face! It cracks me up.
We spread out blankets all over the floor, and they all lined up by the couch to watch the movie.
As usual, Halle does her own thing, and she wanted to lay over by the back door.

What fun ideas! I didn't do anything tot Seuss's birthday. Maybe next year.
ReplyDeleteHow fun! I love Dr. Suess
ReplyDelete