Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Our Life, In Pictures

We haven't really had much going on the past couple of weeks,
but I have enjoyed snapping pictures of our girls.
We got a new DSLR camera (we got a killer deal off of Craigslist),
and I love how fast it takes pictures!
I can actually catch some of the funny faces Halle makes,
without having a blurry picture!!
Every day is an adventure with them...

Ava practically turns everything into a microphone!
Here, her microphone is composed of her fishing pole,
and a little medicine cup at the top.

I love Halle's little faces, and I love, love, love her wild hair.
It cannot be tamed!

Halle loves to wear her "cap" shoes everywhere.

She also loves wearing her Barbie backpack everywhere.

And she loves to make her "scary" face.

And she loves to wrinkle her little nose at me...

Remember how Ava loves to sing into homemade microphones?
Here she fashioned a microphone out of a plastic cup and an empty Diet Coke can...
She was singing "Adele" to us.

Ava has an amazing ability to hear a song, and instantly memorize the words.
She absolutely blows my mind away with how musical she is.
The other day, she was playing the piano, and Nate thought it was me tinkering around with a melody!

Continuing on with Adele, Halle loves to sing "Set Fire to the Rain".
She gets super fiesty as she sings the song...


And ever mischievous, she loves to tease Ava...
like taking the Diet Coke can when Ava isn't looking...

And after hearing Halle giggle and squeal, Ava finally decides to find out what Halle's laughing about...

And then they fight over the can....

Last weekend, Nate and I got a new mattress.
We had been sleeping on a mattress we bought from Nate's sister when we first got married.
Neither Nate nor I could ever get a decent night's rest, and we always woke up with sore muscles...
so we decided it was time to get a new mattress.
For the time being, we put our old mattress in the girls' room,
and they love jumping on it.
I'm seriously considering keeping it in there until it stops raining.
It's a great way to get their energy out, and it keeps them highly entertained!






Halle loves to eat chips and hummus.
But she calles it "chips my thomas".
She loves it so much, she licks it straight out of the tub...


And if Halle ever wants something, she'll find a way to get it.
I had this nail polish set up high, 
and she went to extravagant lengths to get it.
She is obsessed with painting her nails (and with wearing several different pairs of shoes a day).




I love her neon colored socks paired with her brown shoes.
Her sense of fashion cracks me up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment