So after the last gloom and doom post, I thought I should share a little fun post. I love my girls, and they seriously make me laugh every single day. Halle is going through a phase where she refers to me as "Claudia" but she changes her name daily. It's either Miss Incredible, Jack-Jack, Dash, or Violet... all characters from "The Incredibles". In case you haven't guessed, it's her fave movie at the moment. She begs to watch it every day, and I let her. It's the only TV she watches, and it's cute to watch her quote it... Oh, and just so you know, "The Incredibles" have to be watched while wearing pink Barbies sunglasses, that are upside down. You must also be surrounded by various blankets and stuffed animals...If you don't watch it with that way, you're not getting the full effect...
Ava now has another name... it's Natalie. But, she's only Natalie when her hair is "wrinkly" (you know how hair is after it's been braided. There's a technical term for that... it's called "wrinkly"). It's hard to keep straight when she's Natalie and when she's Ava. Today she told me that Natalie has wrinkly hair, painted nails, and glittery shoes. She's very pretty... I don't argue with it, I just go along with it. Just for the record, today she is Natalie...
Ava has also been learning about choices and consequences. Nate and I believe that we should teach our kids that they are free to choose for themselves, but they can't choose the consequences. When we present something to her, we often say "Choice #1 is: You can choose to take a nap, and the consequence is you are able to have a sucker and computer time after nap. Choice #2 is: You can choose not to take a nap, but you don't get a sucker and you don't get any computer time." On one particular day, Ava was throwing a little fit about not wanting to take a nap, and I explained the consequences to her. She came out of her room and told me to read what she wrote...
I was really puzzled because I just saw the letters "IHOSTUNAP", but then she read it for me. It says,"I choose to nap." Let me translate for you ... "I" (pretty self explanatory) "HOS" (choose) "TU" (to) "NAP" (nap)... I choose to nap. While her spelling is a little off, I was proud that #1. She chose to nap and #2. She thought about how to form her sentence and what letters she needed to spell that sentence.
I am so grateful for Miss Incredible and Natalie. They enjoy the simple things in life and I am learning that I need to learn from them.
What cute little personalities. They sound like they really keep you on your toes!
ReplyDelete