Sacrament was wonderful. The speakers talked about mothers in the scriptures, and I really liked that aspect. Not everyone is a mother right now, and some will never become mothers, but we can all follow the examples of those in the scriptures. One talk mentioned how Eve was the first mother to feel sorrow, and the first mother to bury a child. Can you imagine the wife of Noah, and everything she did to help prepare for the flood? Anyways, I really enjoyed it. Then in Relief Society, we had a wonderful little treat. A lady in our ward used to cater, so we asked her to prepare some things for the sisters in our ward. She prepared eclairs, fruit kabobs, strawberries with hazelnut dip, and cracker with meat and cheese. It was just yummy!
After church, Ava showed me this coupon she got from primary...
She offered to help me do the dishes. Well, when we got home, she went right to work and helped Grammy do the dishes. It was nice to just sit and relax. It was also cute to watch her wash the dishes. It was one of the best Mother's Day presents ever!
It was so cute to see Halle scoot over a little stool and start helping. When they were done, there was pools of water everywhere, but I didn't care. Watching my girls do the dishes was well worth it!
I am so grateful to be a mother. It is hard, exhausted both emotionally and physically, but Ava and Halle bring so much joy to our lives. They are sweet and spicy, tender, compassionate, crazy, loving, and are always doing or saying things to make us laugh. I am also grateful for a wonderful mother. She has been a great example to me, and I couldn't ask for a better mother. I'm also grateful for my mother-in-law. She has raised the most amazing son, and is also a great example to me.
How sweet. What sweet little girls. Thanks for sharing your perspective of sisters in the scriptures.
ReplyDelete