Friday, June 1, 2012

Why Did We Wait So Long?

Every single time I'm pregnant, I crave BBQ food. Like, it becomes this crazy obsession, and I nearly go crazy every time I smell a grill cooking. It's absolutely maddening! Well, we finally broke down and bought a teeny-weensy grill. Who knew that spending $20 would bring us such great joy? Seriously... $20. Are Nate and I really that cheap that we couldn't justify spending extra money on a little grill? Yep... we are that cheap. And it took me becoming practically ravenous to spend that money. So, on Wednesday night, we fired up that grill.

 Can't you practically smell the charcoal burning? Oh my good gracious, I wish they made a deoderant or something that had that smell... I would wear it all day! Just kidding.... or am I?
We had 2 fabulous helpers that were completely intrigued with this new gadget. Of course Halle was drawn to the fire... constantly wanting to touch it and look at it and get dangerously close to it....

     And Ava was perfectly content to just sit back and stay away from the flames. I guess that's why I call my girls Sugar and Spice. One is always looking for thrills and adventure, while the other is content to cuddle and stay safe. 


     I knew the initiation dinner had to be perfect. So, I wanted some BBQ chicken, which did not disappoint! Ava even asked for seconds, and we all know how she proclaims to be a vegetarian these days. (Yes, she once told me she is a vegetarian. She really doesn't like a lot of meats... she much prefers fruits and veggies. She doesn't even like pepperoni on her pizza. I am a little concerned that she has hippie tendancies in her. But then again, we are raising her in Oregon, so I guess she will fit in.... Just kidding again.)

We not only had BBQ chicken, but I wanted corn (or KERN as Halle called it) on the cob, crispy cold watermelon, and my mom's potato salad. 


Our girls loved eating their KERN. I love this picture of Ava. It's nice to finally get a candid shot of her.

I know that posting about a grill is probably lame, but it's what occupies my mind 24/7. It's brought back a desire to eat again (I'm 14 wks prego and still get sick when I look at food) and I already have my menu planned for next week which hasn't happened since March. Now, I just need to get Nate one of those aprons that say "Kiss the Cook" or "Master of the Grill" or something lame like that. Ha!

3 comments:

  1. glad you found something you can eat! I love charcoal grills! Wish we had one too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness. It is one of the best purchases we have made too. We have the same type of cheap, tiny, grill.. but it is the best thing! your post made me drool a little! :) I think that's what pregnancy AND post-pregnancy does to you! I'm glad you found something you can enjoy during the nausea stage. It is no fun! CONGRATULATIONS by the way! Kory and I decided that whatever gender your next baby is, will determine what our next one is too.. since we seem to be following your pattern! haha

    ReplyDelete