Thursday, July 12, 2012

I'm So Crafty, I Make People!

     As of today, I am officially on the downhill side of this pregnancy. Translation? I'm 20 weeks.... 20 weeks down, and 20 more to go. When I was about 7 or 8 weeks in, I thought I would never see this day! I'm sure you all know the feeling... when every hour drags on because you're so stinking sick from the morning/night/all day sickness that goes along with the 1st trimester... not to mention how every single minute drags on because you're so freaking tired.... yeah, I remember those days. :) But they are far behind me... ah, sweet relief!
     At my doctor's visit, everything looks great! My cervix is nice and closed (TMI? I don't care...) my blood pressure is great (117/74) and I've only gained 6.5 lbs! I know that may not seem like a lot, but since I was a little larger before I got preggers, I don't want to gain as much as a normal weight person should... so I'm right on track!
     I have started to feel this little baby move. And man, is she on the move! I just love laying down and feeling her go crazy! And I love waking up to those little kicks and punches, and I try to envision what she's doing. I can't wait for her to get big enough so I can start seeing my tummy move. Honestly, I think it's the coolest thing in the world to see my stomach move because of the baby.
     So, you know if you repeat a word long enough, it starts to sound funny to you? For example, sometimes I'll say my name over and over and over again, and pretty soon, it sounds so weird to me... well I did that with this baby the other night. No, I didn't say her name over and over and over again (she is still nameless at this point...) but I thought about being pregnant over and over and over again. Pretty soon, I was completely psyched out that I have a baby in my body. Here was my thought process...

Man, I can't believe I'm pregnant for the third time. When did this happen?
That's weird... I have a baby in my stomach.
My body is capable of actually GROWING a human being.
Wow.
No wonder I'm exhausted and ornery most of the time.
I have good reason to be.
I'm makin' a HUMAN... 24/7!!!
AAAAHHHHH!!!!

     Needless to say, I was wigged out for a few minutes.  Now and again, it does strike me as just beautiful as to how women's bodies are designed to house babies. I've been reading a lot about the birthing process (I know, this will be my 3rd delivery, you'd think I know what the heck I'm doing) because I want a natural birth this time. No epidural for me! (IF YOU HAVE ANY ADVICE ON HOW TO GO ALL NATUR-AL, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO COMMENT!!!!) so, like I was saying... the birthing process.... I've been reading about it and just how amazing it is that my body has been made to grow a baby, and it's even more amazing how a woman's body is able to give birth. It may be weird to you, but it really is just beautiful!

     And speaking of beautiful, that's what Nate called me the other day... He usually tells me how hot I am, but one day, he just stopped me and told me how beautiful I am. Awww.... how sweet! I love that he loves me just how I am. Pregnant or not pregnant, pre-stretch marks and now post-stretch marks, I am beautiful to him.

:)

     

3 comments:

  1. Oh you are so stinkin' funny!! I completely agree with everything you just said. I know exactly what you mean when you say a word over and over or think of a certain concept and you start to freak out because it suddenly sounds weird. I really thought I was the only person that did that. I think back on my pregnancies and I miss being able to feel and see the baby move. I thought it was amazing...all four times! I also think it is AWESOME that you are having a girl! Having 3 in a row of the same gender rocks! ;) I went au naturelle for 2 of my kid's births. The first was by choice and the second was because I had no choice, but they were both pretty incredible experiences. It will be the most difficult thing you have ever done, but you won't trade it for anything. It IS beautiful. And super hard. But you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your outlook. I have tons of advice on achieving a natural birth if you'd like. I did it with my third and you can do it too.

    Email me at stylishmuse (at) gmail (dot) com and we can chat about it. (That's if you want) Take care and hope to see you at the reunion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I feel the same way! I have issues with my body, what woman doesn't. But being pregnant and having babies puts everything into perspective. We pretty much are the coolest things ever!! And I don't know that I love any feeling more than feeling a baby in my tummy! Good luck with your birthing process!!

    ReplyDelete