Thursday, July 26, 2012

Pretty In Pink... Again

Does it ever seem that being super busy comes in waves? Well, for me it does. I'll have a couple of days of calmness and peacefulness, and then a week or so of complete madness followed by a day or two of laziness, followed by more chaos. Well, this past week has been super busy! It started last Wednedsday when I was at playgroup... Ava fell of the monkey arms and broke her elbow. Yes, the same elbow she broke 2 years ago. I didn't see it happen because I was in the bathroom helping Halle (who is finally potty trained!) when my friend, Jessica, came in and said I'd better hurry because Ava had a pretty bad fall. I knew it had to be pretty serious for Jess to come get me... sure enough, I saw some swelling and she couldn't straighten out her arm and kept holding her arm close to her. Oddly enough, she wasn't really crying or anything... she screams more when I comb her hair than she does when she breaks a bone! I decided to give it a couple of hours to see if she really was hurt or if she was just being wildly dramatic.

When we got home, I let Halle nap for an hour or so, and decided to call the advice nurse to see if they wanted us to come in. Sure enough, they wanted us to come in and get it checked out. Ava was really good while they x-rayed her. While she was in the x-ray room, Halle started limping and whining that her leg was broken... of course it was a ploy to get some sympathy and stickers. :)

After the doc saw the x-rays, it was confirmed that Ava had broken her elbow. They put a little ace bandage around Ava's arm, put her in a sling, and sent us on our way with an appointment to get a cast put on.


So on Friday, we went and got a pretty pink cast on. Ava had talked about getting a silver cast, but I knew that she would end up getting pink.

She has to have her little cast on for about a month... we get it off the Tuesday after we get back from Utah. Last time I thought it was hard to have a cast on during the winter because it was hard to get her clothes on, but the rest of the summer is going to be a doozy for Ava because she can't go swimming or play on the playground... which is what we do 80% of the time. But she's handling it like a champ.:)

1 comment: