Thursday, August 9, 2012

Johnson Visit: Monday

Monday morning, we headed to the beach. It was a perfect day for the beach, but I was a nervous wreck because of Ava's cast. While all the other kids were rolling around in the sand and splashing in the ocean, she just kind of sat there. I put a bag over her cast and duct taped it on, and I made her wear a jacket over the bag and closed the opening of the arm, but I still made her stay by me and hold my hand the whole time. Can you imagine how terrible it would be if she got sand down her cast with 5 more weeks to wear it? Well, she was pretty bummed, so I told her we would celebrate getting her cast off by going to the beach and she can get as dirty as she wants to. :)

But, Ava does have a strange fascination with sharks, so we went to see the Shark Exhibit...



And after the shark exhibit, we went and got some delicious ice cream, and ate it while we walked Main Street. We decided to go to a seafood restaurant called Doogers for dinner. It was some of the best food I'd ever had!

Jenn got a delicious salmon salad...

And Trevor, Nate, and I got fish and chips.

The kids enjoyed their hot dogs and PB&J's, and they had a wild time!

The Johnson's left early Tuesday morning, and we were sad to see them go, but we'll see them later this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment