Friday, August 31, 2012

She's 3!

I know it's been awhile since I've posted, but we just got back from a 2 week vacation in Utah. I know, you have all been sorely disappointed that I haven't blogged in a few weeks.... :)
We had a lot of fun in Utah... our schedule was pretty jam packed, and by the time we got home, we were all plum tired. Since coming home, we've been pretty darn lazy, but who cares. It's the summer, and we have needed some time to just play around.

Our Utah trip will be posted in several posts... but first I wanted to blog about Halle's 3rd birthday.
I know, I can't believe she's 3 either.

I love our little Halle.... she is fiery and crazy, and full of spunk, and I wouldn't change a thing about her.
Whenever Ava or Halle's birthday rolls around, I can't help but think about the day they were born...
I'm sure I'm not the only one who gets nostalgic on their childs birthday...

The other day, I pulled out some baby clothes, and was floored at how small the preemie clothes are!
I can't believe Halle fit into those!


She was such a tiny little thing, without an ounce of fat on her little bones... and over the past 3 years, nothing has changed! She doesn't really have any fat on her... just muscle. I'm not kidding! You should see her little abs and biceps. Yes, she really does have abs and biceps. She is so muscular and well defined, it's crazy!

This picture is one of my favorites to look at and remember what a fighter she was.
In fact, I have this picture hanging up in her room. She has such a sweet expression, and I love seeing all the little peach fuzz on her...
 

And today, I love looking at her little button nose and her expressive blue eyes. She has the cutest hair that is absolutely unruly, and she has the tiniest feet!

 

For her birthday, Halle wanted a Toy Story party. It's her favorite movie, and she absolutely adores "Buzz Light-there".
I didn't want to go overboard, so we just had cake and ice cream with our families, which was a real treat!

Of course, her cake was a Toy Story cake, but she specifically request pink frosting. :)



She got tons of fun stuff for her birthday, and I'm so grateful for all our family who made an effort to celebrate with us.

Here are some tidbits about Miss Halle:
*She loves shoes!!!
*She loves to be wrapped up in blankets.
*She can sing the first 3 Articles of Faith
*She doesn't really like to eat breakfast... but she'll down a glass of milk anytime!
*She loves, loves, loves dogs!!
*She loves to hang upside down on the monkey bars. (The first time I saw this, I kind of freaked out, but there is no stopping her!)
*She is great at playing by herself. She doesn't really have to be entertained.
She has such an active imagination, and she's in her own world half the time...
*She is rarely grumpy. When she's grumpy, I know she's tired. I would say she's happy about 99% of the time, and if she is in a bad mood, we can quickly tickle her and she'll be happy!
*She calls her dad "Nate".
*She says "Yes" instead of "Yeah" or "Yep" or "Uh-huh".
*She talks pretty well, but she still calls Ava "EEEva".

No comments:

Post a Comment