Monday, September 3, 2012

10 Yr Reunion

     One of the reasons we planned our trip to Utah around August was so Nate and I could go to our 10 year high school reunion. I know, most of you are probably thinking that we're lame for wanting to go... well,  hold up. Let me clarify... I wanted to go, Nate didn't care either way. Since Nate and I went to the same high school and graduated the exact same year, I thought it would be fun to go to a high school event together... and just see what is would be like.


We had a good time, but I honestly don't think I would go to another reunion. Shocker, I know! Because of technology, I pretty much stay in touch with who I want to, and at the reunion, people pretty much sat with their same friends from high school. So, if I want to talk to people from my past, I'll probably stick with facebook from now on. :) But it was fun to catch up with a couple of people I haven't talked to in awhile...


These 2 ladies were some of my really good friends... Sarah and Penny. We had some crazy times...
like the time Sarah (who is about 6 ft. 3 in.) decided to walk on our friend's car, and while she was walking on it, he threw it into reverse and she fell face first onto the hood of the car and dented it.... :)

Or like the time we piled about 8 people into my friend's little Geo Storm and drove all over the place...
 And let's not forget all the speeding tickets, dances, and lunch table conversations we had. :)
Oh, to be young and free again.

Eldon has been a good friend of mine since our Sophmore year. We had orchestra together, and I thought he was a thug. I thought he was just taking orchestra as an easy class, and I was shocked to find out that he actually can play the violin, and he's GOOD AT IT!

Later, I introduced Eldon to his wife, Margeaux, who has been my friend since we were about 13 years old... and then we were all in the same ward up in student housing and Margeaux and I started cosmetology school together. We are also expecting babies about a week apart from each other!

Eldon and Nate played football together, so they were already somewhat friends. :) 
But Margeaux and Eldon are some of our nearest and dearest friends...


Sarah, Margeaux, and me!

     All in all, I'm glad we went to the reunion. We had a good time, and laughed and reminisced about the past... but I do have to say that I'm glad Nate and I have ventured out. A lot of people from high school stay in Magna, which is great... but it wasn't for us. I think of the friends we've made through going to school and now up here in Oregon, and I'm glad that we are where we are.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you got to go. It could have been fun... And glad you posted pictures too!

    ReplyDelete