Having 2 children close together is difficult... Ava and Halle are only 22 months apart, and in the beginning, I felt extremely overwhelmed and was just exhausted by the amount of work that went into taking care of these two girls. But as time has gone on, it has gotten a lot easier. Ava is a lot more independent and can dress herself, brush her own teeth, and help me with simple chores. Halle is now potty trained, and is learning to dress herself. When I go run errands, I can just pick up my purse and go without having to worry about having snacks or drinks or binkies or any of that. I also don't have to worry about bringing a stroller anywhere, since both girls love to walk beside me and stay by me...
They have also recently started playing really well together. Halle is great a entertaining herself, while Ava struggles a little with being self-entertained. But when you put Halle and Ava together, they play really well together.
I love watching them interact, and listening to their little fights, and the games they come up with. And while they fight, like most siblings do, more often than not, I hear them giggling. What I love the most, is that their giggles are reflecting pure joy and happiness. They love playing Barbies, dress up, Guess Who, as well as coloring, drawing, and riding their bikes outside.
By the way... we recently got them both helmets since the people we are renting from left a little bike, and we'll be getting Ava a bike for her birthday (which is coming up in a couple of weeks! Ah!) and Halle won't take her helmet off most days...
The other day, I was watching them play outside, and I realized how blessed I am to have darling girls so close together. And while it was exhausted and many days I just simply cried because I didn't know how to handle them, watching these two sit on the porch and talk about finding treasure made it all worth it. They are best friends, through and through.
I love it when my kids play happily together. It is one of the most satisfying and touching things for me. And your 30 week picture is HAWT, girl! Yikes you look good. Love the hair by the way. And congrats on your new townhouse!
ReplyDeleteThat is so good that they are close friends. What cuties!
ReplyDelete