Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Colbie {3 Months}h

Oh, how I love this little lady. She literally melts my heart every. single. time. I look at her!
She has made life so rich and so enjoyable. As much as I love being a mother to three darling girls, I feel as if I'm finally taking moments to just stop and smell the roses. I am not anticipating Colbie's next stages, but trying to savor the sweet stage she is in.
 

She has just gotten over a terrible, terrible cold, but you would never know she was sick. She just constantly smiles and babbles away. She loves to tell us stories, and is becoming very animated and expressive.
 


Yes, we are still dealing with thrush. I slather her bottom with coconut oil (which is antifungal) after every diaper change, and I apply coconut oil to myself as well. I'm still taking probiotics twice a day and trying to limit my sugar intake. Every load of laundry is washed with vinegar, which kills the yeast, and  I have my Gentian Violet and Grapefruit Seed Extract on hand and ready to go just in case the thrush completely flares up again. But in the mean time, I've just come to accept that this is how it is, and while it is cumbersome at times, I am grateful it hasn't gotten to the point that I can't nurse her anymore.
 


Colbie weighs about 17 pounds right now. She is bigger than her BFF, Piper, who is 2 months older than her. She is wearing 6-9 month clothing, and has literally grown out of every piece of clothing I had for her. I wasn't prepared to have such a squishy baby, so needless to say, I get to go shopping a lot. :)
 


We are still in debate as to whether or not she will have brown eyes. There are times when I swear I can see flecks of brown and gold starting to form around her pupil, but then other times they look blue. However.... they aren't a bright blue like Ava's and Halle's were at 3 months.... they are still a steel color, so I still have my fingers crossed!
 
Colbie is sleeping through the night, and has been for a couple of months... I have yet to move her into her own crib, and she still sleeps right by me. This is the longest I've had any of my girls sleep in our room, but I am not ready to have her sleep alone. :( She still stirs around 5 in the morning, but I quickly feed her and she goes right back to sleep, so maybe that's why she is still sleeping by me.
 

Dang Blogger... it sometimes loads the pictures sideways! Yikes!
 
Nate loves Miss Colbie. He loves to hold her and play with her, just as much as I do. I am forever grateful that he wants to be involved in our girls lives as much as possible. He is completely willing to change diapers, give baths, comb hair, read stories, and spend time wrestling and playing with the girls, and let me tell you... the girls just eat it up! I absolutely adore the picture above, because only a baby can make a grown man make funny faces, talk silly, and work harder than anything just to get a sweet little smile.
 
We love our Miss Colbster. 

No comments:

Post a Comment