I've wanted to come to Utah since about January, but it's been hard to pinpoint when I wanted to come. To be honest, I really didn't want to tell anyone that I was coming because I just wanted to be able to leave Oregon whenever I wanted to.... and come back whenever I wanted to. I guess you could say that this is my last crazy-free-for-all-hippie-no obligations vacation before I come a school mom. Ah yes, a school mom. When Ava starts kindergarten in the fall, my life will dramatically change forever. My life will revolve around school and days off and school lunches and everything in between... and I will no longer be able to wake up whenever I want to and do whatever I want to. I am excited for this new school adventure, but nervous at the same time (I'm not much of a morning person...) so I decided to pack my 3 girls up and drive to Utah. By myself. In my unreliable van. In one day.
Crazy, right?
Yep.
However, it was a blast traveling with my girls. They were absolute angels, I tell ya! They fought like one time, and Ava was my lifesaver! I left at 6:30 a.m. and we made 3 stops along the way, just so I could feed Colbie, and we made it to Utah around 11:00 p.m. In one piece. And we were happy. And we surprised my mom!
You see, she thought I was coming around the 22nd... but then I found out that my brothers were coming down from Boise the 18th through the 21st, so I figured I might as well join them! And why not? I don't have any obligations to fulfill up in the Great Northwest, and I knew Nate was a big boy and could handle himself for a few weeks... so I told my dad I was coming down, so that if something happened, he didn't have any plans and could come help me.... and we were able to keep it a secret from my mom! Eeeee! It was so exciting!
So, here I am, in Utah, for three whole weeks... maybe longer.... just kidding. I miss Nate too much already. I can't be away from him for any longer than that.
I am so grateful I made it here safely. I know with every fiber in my being that Heavenly Father sent angels to watch over me and protect me. I said many prayers and I know Nate was praying for our safety.... and here we are!
We made it!
No comments:
Post a Comment