Sunday, March 24, 2013

Utah {Week 1}

This first week in Utah has flown by. I am loving every minute of it, but I find myself missing Nate, and missing the green trees. And the nice weather.
:)
 
Our first night here, Colbie was all smiles and giggles... but then again, when isn't she all smiles and giggles. Honestly, she is just the most pleasant baby that has ever been on this earth.
She has loved getting lots of attention from Opa and Grammie.
 

Some may be wondering why I came a little early to Utah. Originally, I wasn't planning on coming until the 22nd, but then I found out that my brothers were going to be in town, so I came to spend a couple of days with them. They absolutely love their nieces, and my girls love them.
 


When I came to Utah last August, there was a whole list of places I wanted to eat. Crown Burger was one of them... sadly, I didn't make it. So, I made sure we ate there first thing!!
 
Since I knew I would be consuming a million calories on this burger, I made sure I went running that morning. My brother made fun of me for doing it, but it's pretty much the only way I could justify eating this delicious pile of meat.
 

 
And I am not ashamed to say that I stuffed my face. Then, I saw this picture, and realized just how faat and short my fingers are. Now I am certain of where Ava got her little pudgy fingers. Ha!
 


Monday, we went to my soul sista's house. Andrea and I have been friends for 9 years. I met her when she was engaged to her hubby, and she was there when I met Nate.... I think I've mentioned this before, but her #3 child was born on my birthday, and my #3 child was born on her birthday. Crazy, huh? I just love her and her kiddos, and we had such a fun time!! She even pampered me and gave me water with a straw! Now that's a thoughtful friend!
 


We have spent time with Nate's family. They all got to meet Miss C for the first time.
 

 
And it has snowed. While the snow is just gorgeous to look at, it's just not for me. I was reminded of this as I was scraping off my car, and my hand almost fell off because it was so cold.
 



C turned 4 months. More on that later...
 


 
 We have been able to hang out with Margeaux and her beautiful miracle baby. Margeaux and I have known each other since 8th grade. We lived by each other in student housing, and we even went to hair school together. She is one of my dearest friends!! Baby Z was born 6 days before Colbie. I love that Margeaux and I have kiddies the same age!
 

Margeaux has 2 dogs, and A and H had fun feeding them and playing with them.
 

 
 Saturday, it was my mother-in-law's birthday. She requested that I make her cupcakes, but she doesn't really like chocolate. Hmmmm..... so when she wanted me to make her some Oreo cupcakes, I immediately knew that I wanted to try some Golden Oreo cupcakes. They were delicious!
 

 We were able to visit my Oma and Opa. Colbie is named after my Oma. Her name is
 Anneke (Ona-ka) which means little Anna. I still have all four of my grandparents alive, which means that my kids have all four of their great-grandparents alive. I know I am blessed, and I want to savor each moment my kids are with them. On the way home, I want to stop at my mom's parents house and my great-grandma's house so they can all meet Colbie and I can get pictures of them with my girls.
 
 
 


And I just had to take this awesome picture of Halle. Her hair has been so static-y lately... it cracks me up!
 


 

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you were able to surprise your mom! Hope the rest of your trip is just as great as this week was.

    I love your blog layout by the way.

    ReplyDelete