Growing up, I always had the priesthood in my home. My dad held it, and has always respected it greatly. While I knew what it was, and had heard stories of it, I never fully understood its power until my brother was diagnosed with cancer. There were many times when he received priesthood blessings, and I absolutely know that he is alive because of the priesthood.
Since I witnessed miracles with Nelson, having my husband be a worthy priesthood holder was something I insisted on. I knew I wanted someone who took the priesthood seriously, and someone who would cherish it as I do.
It's no surprise that Nate is a worthy priesthood holder. He has given me blessings, and has given our girls blessings. He has also help to administer blessings to others when needed.
There is no doubt in my mind that our Heavenly Father delivers miracles through the priesthood. Everytime I have had a blessing, been set apart, and even when I do temple work, I feel the spirit so strongly and receive the confirmation that this gospel is true. It's real. God is real. And He loves us so much that He has given this amazing power to act in His name.
Where am I going with this? Well, Colbie has developed a cough while she sleeps. It has made for some long nights, and the other night, it was a disaster. She coughed so hard that she puked all over herself. Not once, but twice. She had so much gunk in her, that it was making it difficult to breath. Since I am here in Utah, and hundreds of miles away from my doctor and health facilities, I asked my dad to give her a blessing. He went and got his next door neighbor, and they administered to her a priesthood blessing. The moment they laid their hands on her, and my dad started to speak, I was overcome with the spirit. While my dad was physically doing the talking, I know that the things said came from Heavenly Father.
After the blessing was done, I went and wrapped Colbie up and laid her down. She has not coughed once. She hasn't gagged, she isn't stuffy, and she is able to breathe easily.
I know that the blessing she received healed her.
There is no other explanation for it.
I am so grateful to know that I can go to my dad, or my husband and ask for a priesthood blessing.

No comments:
Post a Comment