Saturday, March 30, 2013

Utah {Week 2}

Another week here in this desert has flown by. In a way, I'm glad that we are staying for another week because a lot of this week was wiped out. Remember how C had a bad cold? Well, we had to take her to the ER because she couldn't breathe she had so much gunk in her. They had to stick a tube down her little nose and suction everything out. Boy, was that a long night. Needless to say, we didn't really go anywhere this week, and I had to cancel some plans, because I didn't want to spread the germs...

So, we stayed home for the most part.
We dyed Easter Eggs for the first time. 
Yes, for the first time. 

It was a lot of fun, and the girls were quite creative. 


Halle loved the little wire that held the eggs. She thought it was her little spectacle and used it to "look" at everything.


She gave me this look a couple of times, and I'm so glad that I caught it on camera, because it is absolutely priceless! I just love the shape of her little lips!


After dying the eggs, the girls decided to try and climb the fence. I was proud of Halle for trying to climb the fence in her rainboots. That's talent, I tell ya!


My mom is the stake YW president, so she was busy getting ready for the broadcast. She was in charge of centerpieces, and she didn't really have the time to get them done, so I took the project on myself.  I went to Joanne's and got some little flowers and made 12 centerpieces. I was pretty proud of how they turned out!


We went shopping at City Creek with my Oma, and the girls got little cell phones that have makeup inside of them.... so this week, they have looked pretty awesome. I felt like I have been walking around with supermodels. :)

Ava finally convinced Halle to let her do her makeup, and this was the end result....

Purple eyeshadow with black eyeliner. It's a classic look, don't you think?


Towards the end of the week, it was nice weather and Colbie was feeling better. We headed to Temple Square or "Temple of the Squares"as Halle called it. 


Since I grew up in Utah, I feel like I have taken the rich history for granted. I want my children to come here and appreciate our culture and our heritage. I loved walking around and seeing the tourists, the missionaries, and especially the brides. Why the brides? Because it reminds me of my wedding day.... almost 7 years ago.... and how lucky I am to be sealed to my husband. I feel like the SL Temple is like a castle.... it's just breathtaking! 

Since it's so close to General Conference, Temple Square was busy being prepped for next week's events. I loved seeing how hard the people were working... it gave me a little glimpse as to how hard the pioneers worked to establish Temple Square. No wonder we are called the Beehive State. :)



 Next, we visited the Children's Museum. Halle loved wearing this bright yellow skirt!!
P.S. It drives me nuts that Blogger uploads some pictures sideways!!!


Today, we had and Easter Egg Hunt at Grandma C's house. This is the first year that we have been able to go. For the first few years, I worked every Saturday, and we were in Oregon last year, so it was fun to be able to participate. 


Finally, here are just a couple of random pictures from today.
Ava likes to carry Colbie around.... mind you, Colbie weighs a whopping 17.82 lbs, so it's a little difficult for Ava... but I feel like Colbie is stable enough for Ava to carry while she's standing up. Does it make me nervous? Heck yes. But I have to learn to let go sometimes. Ava has been prepping for this day since little (big?) C was born.
 P.S. Aren't they gorgeous girls?


And lastly.... I tried to get a decent pic of Halle, but this is all I got...



The last one is my favorite. This little girl is so full of personality. The other night, we were putting her to bed, and she told us she couldn't walk because her toe hurt.... we asked her why it hurt and she said it was because she fell off the bed.... last night. Hmmmm..... so her toe mysteriously hurts 20 hours later because she fell off the "bed" she's been sleeping on? Just so you know, the girls have been sleeping on the floor, so it was hilarious that she "fell off the bed".....

We have one more week left here, and it's filled with visiting friends and family.
While I am grateful for the time I have had here, I am missing home and Nate. Man, do I miss talking to him late at night and I miss being in my own home. But, this little vacation won't last forever, so I need to just take advantage of the time I have here in Utah.

No comments:

Post a Comment