Sunday, April 28, 2013

Colbie Anne {5 Months}

Miss Colbie is 5 months old. Man, time is flying by. 
Every day, her sweet personality just shines through, and she brings so much joy 
and peace into our home. 


Colbie weighs 19 lbs (which is literally off the charts. Probably like the 125%).
She is 27 inches long.... off the charts again in height. Maybe like 110%.  
She has grown 3 inches since her 2 month visit. 

She has started rolling over from back to front, which is the harder way to roll over. 
Go figure.
You would think since she is so big, she would be rolling over from back to front,
 but she likes to keep us on our toes. 
She sleeps from 8 pm til about 6 am, then she likes to eat, and snuggle with Mom for another couple of hours.
Colbie has discovered her hands and often catch her just staring at her fingers. She is also able to grab at things and hold them for a few seconds.
She no longer likes her Soothie binkies and has moved on to regular binkies. She hardly ever needs them, though. I usually just give her one before nap time or bed time.
She has learned to give kisses. She will grab your face and pull it to her little mouth and just love on you.... it melts my heart every time she does it. 
She has started to chit chat while she eats, which makes for some interesting nursing sessions. 
She has tried rice cereal, bananas, and strawberries, but doesn't like any of it.
Colbie has a very intense gaze, and often times she will just stare at you.

Colbie is a gift sent straight from heaven. I haven't ever encountered a baby as sweet and peaceful as she is. She turns my heart to mush, and I have a real soft spot for her. 
I love my other girls with everything I posess, but I never thought I could have a love as deep and pure as I do for Colbie. 

I think about all those times I would lay awake at night just worrying about how we were going to be able to afford another baby and a bigger place to live and diapers and doctors visits.... 

and somehow, it has all worked out. 
We all just adore her, and we are all smitten with her sweet little cheeks and her dark eyes.
Her little chubby legs and her little belly are constantly being kissed and tickled....

and I can't wait to see what this next month brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment