Thursday, May 9, 2013

Finishing Utah

Yes, I've been home now for about a month.... and I'm just getting around to editing all the photos.... and now I'm just getting around to posting about it, but better late than never, right?

I was able to spend a little time with my Dad's family. We haven't ever been really close, and there has been some tension... okay, a lot of tension. My dad and his parents got in a fight and didn't speak for 5 years. Long story made short... they are speaking again and we are working to rebuild our relationship. I wouldn't want to have a relationship with them but I know that I need to forgive and love. Has it been easy? No. It has taken a lot of prayer and soul searching to be able to let things go.... but Heavenly Father has healed my heart and their hearts, and we have all recognized our faults and are trying to be better. Needless to say I am happy to spend time with them and I'm grateful my kids are getting to know them. Why do I bring this up? Because I think it's important to know, and for my kids to know, that family relationships aren't all smooth sailing, but through the power of the Atonement, hearts can be healed and mended.

We went to Southtowne Mall and met my cousin and her two kids there. We rode the carousel and caught up on each others lives. It was a great night!



We were also able to spend the day at the park with Nate's sister, Jenn, and her kids. They put makeup on each other, and spent pretty much the whole time smashing rocks. They actually found several rocks with sparkly diamonds in them, and we now have one sitting on our front porch! Every time we pass it, Ava talks about how she found that rock. I'm so glad they have such awesome cousins!


 We were also able to go and see Nate's grandma, Grandma Baxter. She used to live in McMinnville, so all she talks about is Oregon. Her memory is failing, and she repeats the same stories about 13 times every hour, but we love her anyway. :)


We had a girls night where my cousins and aunt came down. My aunt has one boy and three girls (which is totally opposite of my family... we have one girl and three boys) so my girls were excited to spend time with them.


The next day, we went up to their place and had Sunday dinner there. They are renting a funky little (well, it's pretty big) home that sits on a couple of acres. While I'm down in Utah, I always try to soak up all the land. I got insanely jealous when my aunt told me they were renting their home that's about 2500 square feet and sits on 2 acres for $900 a month. We have a 1300 square foot town home that sits on .005 of an acre and pay $1050, and that's a steal! Needless to say, I was oogly eyed the whole time.

My aunt has a horse, so my kids were able to go out and pet her. They had fun learning how to feed her (gotta remember to keep your fingers straight!) and they even got to ride her!




Yeah, this is the view from their property line looking back at their house.... sooooooooo jealous.



The night before we left, my grandparents got to come over and have dinner with us. I am so fortunate to know all 4 of my grandparents. They have all been a wonderful example to me. I am so glad my girls get to spend time with them.


Welp, that pretty much rounds up my trip to Utah. I was there for about 3 weeks, and it was a little long, to be honest. I missed home and Nate and my friends.... it's good to be home. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment