Sunday, September 1, 2013

Ryan and Jayme Came To Town

August was a busy month. Tons of visitors. Tons of stuff to do.... whoa. We've already talked about Margeaux and Eldon coming and the ward campout... well the Tuesday after the ward campout, Ryan and Jayme came into town. They live near Washington D.C. and flew out to Seattle for a friend's wedding, and they took the train down to Portland to spend an evening with us. Awe, how nice! 

Nate picked them up from the train station (yep, they took the train down here. How fun!) and drove them to our house where they were able to meet Colbie and see our girls after a couple of years... Yes, a couple of years. I guess that's what happens when we live on opposite sides of the country...




They took us out to dinner to a fabulous place here in Beaverton called Decarlie. It was super fancy (for us it was... we're used to Arby's cuisine around here.) and had a simply delicious dinner.

I had this crazy Caesar Salad, and I loved how it was plated. Beautiful.


And we tried mussels for the first time. They were delish, and it was fun eating them. Just the week before, we went to Cannon Beach and saw several rocks covered in mussels, so it was really cool to see them cooked and to finally be able to taste them!



For the life of me, I couldn't get  a decent pic of Ryan and Nate. Ryan's a little blurry in this one. Oops.



We went back to our place and just chatted. Nate then drove them to their hotel,and that was that. Yes, it was a short and simple visit, but we are just grateful for any time we get to spend with family!

2 comments:

  1. I love it when family comes!! Especially family you haven't seen in a while!

    ReplyDelete