Right after the Gomez family left, we started preparing for our ward campout. Nate had graciously volunteered to buy all the food for it, so we were kinda busy getting back to real life + buying food for the campout + packing for the campout + normal every day life.
I have to tell you... I was overly slightly skeptical about our campout. It was to be held at one of the ward member's family dairy farm near the coast. Yes, you read that right, a freaking dairy farm. I was not super excited about spending a night in a pasture where cows had done their business, and I did not want to smell the cows either. But, since Jess was in charge of the ward campout, and Nate had volunteered to buy the food, I had no choice but to go.
Bleh.
After frantically packing all day Friday, and running around like nobodies business, we were finally ready to head out around 5 pm. It took us about an hour and a half to get there, and the scenery was absolutely breathtaking.
I took this photo with my phone on the drive up there, and I didn't edit it whatsoever.
I never tire of the scenery Oregon has to offer...
And you can imagine my pleasant surprise when we pulled up, and this is what the "dairy farm" looked like...
It smelled wonderful, and come to find out, they had kicked the cows out of the pasture 2 weeks before, so it was literally just a big, green, luscious field of beautifulness.
We quickly set up our tent, had some delish dutch oven fajitas (pronounced fudge-I-tuhs... hee hee hee) courtesty of the Bills family, and enjoyed a pleasant fireside by the light of the fire.
The girls went to bed super quick, and we were able to stay up until about 1:30 just chatting with some of our nearest and dearest friends.
That night, I seriously slept awesome. I mean, I haven't ever slept that well in a tent. I wasn't too hot or too cold, I didn't toss and turn, Colbie slept the whole night... it was wonderful!
As sticking with tradition, on Saturday morning, the bishopric cooked us breakfast.
Have you ever had French Toast Croissants?
H.E.A.V.E.N.!
And I tried to take a lovely pic of me and ma besties, Jess and Karisa...
But Nate and Dan staged this lovely photo bomb for us.
Gotta love these two responsible men... hee hee hee.
For breakfast, Halle carried around her silverware in her pocket. It was so stinking cute!
The rest of the day, we just played games while the kids explored.
It was really nice not being in an actual campsite, and not having to worry about leaving at a certain time.
This gave us time to pretty much do whatever we wanted to.
Plus, there wasn't any other campers that we could disturb, so the kids were free to roam!
Here is Halle with her friends, Brooke and Kenna.
We were by the creek, and the kids loved tossing rocks into it.
Colbie loved sitting in this chair!
Blackberries grow like a weed up here in Oregon, so we went and explored the berry bushes. It was just amazing to see nature at her finest!
And of course, Colbie and Piper were by each other's side...
I feel like the campout just ended too soon. I honestly wished that it could have lasted another day! I know, funny how I was put in my place!
I think I loved it so much because there wasn't a lot of dirt, there was 3 port-a-potties which were all super clean because it was just our ward that had used them, none of the kids fought, it was the perfect temperature, we had delicious food, and of course I was surrounded by my ward family, who I have just grown to love with all my heart!
Until next year....














No comments:
Post a Comment