Thursday, August 15, 2013

Le Gomez Familia

How lucky are we to have such awesome friends? In fact, our friends are so stinking awesome that they drove all the way up here to visit us. That's true dedication, yo. Most people always say that they want to visit, and that they miss us... but so far only a few have actually come to see us. It means the world to us!

Here's a little background on Margeaux and Eldon.

Margeaux, Nate, and I all went to Brockbank (aka Skankbank) together back in the late '90s. It was da bomb.com. Except Nate was too cool to hang out with M and me. So Margeaux and I actually met in 8th gradeish. We were friends, but became really good friends our junior year.

Eldon and I met out sophmore year in orchestra. I can still close my eyes and see the first time I met him. I was sitting on the stairs in orchestra, and he swaggered in, looking all g-funk in his homie gangsta clothes. He had a bull cut. I literally wondered what in the heck this kid was doing in orchestra. He was probably there just thinking it was an easy A. I was stunned when he could actually play the violin! We became stand partners, and the next 3 years in orchestra were a blast!

Meanwhile, Margeaux and I still continued being friends... she was my friend when I had my first boyfriend, Mr. Josh Tuttle (whom I dated for 3 months and he never kissed me...), we went crazy at football games, drove around in Auty's little yellow Geo Storm, went on midnight walks on sleepovers, and just enjoyed being plain old silly.

Somewhere down the line, I introduced Margeaux to Eldon (awesome friend meets other awesome friend) and we all were friends.

Then, tragically, Margeaux and I lost touch. There were some bad feelings, and we didn't speak for like 4 years. Then, our friend came home from his mish, and we decided to ride up to his homecoming together, and reconciled. Hallelujah!

Nate and I met and married. A year and a half later, M and E got married. Then we all lived in student housing up at the U together.Then M and I started beauty school together. Then M & E moved into the 200 court where we lived, and we were all in the same ward together. Graduation came for Eldon, and it was time for the Gomez fam to move on. Sad.

I have visited Margeaux and Eldon every time I've gone back to Utah. My time is so precious when I go back home, that it is nearly impossible for me to visit all my friends, but they are friends that will always be on the top of the list to visit.

So you can only imagine that I almost peed my pants when I found out they were coming up here to visit! And they were bringing Miss Zuri, who is only a week older than Colbie!! They couldn't stay for long, so we could only do a few things, but I knew that it would just be a blast to just catch-up!

We took a little walk in the forest behind our house. We happened upon some wild blackberries, and had a little improv taste test session.


Side note: When I take pictures of Halle, and I see all the sweet expressions in her face, and the way she is just curious about life all around her, it melts me.


We went to Tillamook.


And of course we went to the coast! We decided to go to Cannon Beach, which was a new experience for both of us. See, this is why I love it when people come into town.... I get to do things that we just normally wouldn't do!


Disclaimer: This awesome sand city wasn't built by us. But it was too cool to not get a picture of.


Crack up moment: Margeaux and El brought their swimming suits and were prepared for a lovely, sunny, and warm day at the beach. The Oregon coast is never super warm. Jackets are required!



Margeaux and Ava built sand castles of their own. Please excuse Margeaux's bosoms.... :) Hee hee.



Hal fell in the ocean, so Nate spent most of his time warming her up. He's such a good daddy!



We also went to The Grilled Cheese Bus.


And I realized that it's not fair for a baby to have such beautiful eyes....



And we got a little lost on our way to Voodoo Doughnuts, and ended up having a mini detour of the city.
We took some doughnuts home and had a milk and doughnut tasting party. It was fab.


We loved just seeing Zuri and Colbie together. They are about as opposite as can be! Zuri is super teeny, and is just a spit fire of a thing. Colbie just has some lovey chubby, and is just super laid back. Sweet and spicy.


We absolutely adore the Gomez fam. They are just awesome, and they keep it real. It was fun to reminisce and just be plain old silly. We can't wait until our paths cross again... 




No comments:

Post a Comment