Sunday, August 11, 2013

Swimming

Oh, this summer has been a busy one, and it's not slowing down. Part of this summer being so busy is I have decided to go jogging 3x  week at the high school track. This process is very involved, and to get a good 40 minute workout, it takes me about 3 hours to get ready, do the workout, and get ready after the workout. I guess that's life with 3 kids, right?

Usually after running, we rush home, have a bite to eat, and then rush off to swimming. Our friends live in a place where there is a pool, and so we grab their key and go swimming! I must say that I am impressed with the progress my girls have made this summer! At the beginning of summer, I felt really bad that I didn't put my girls in any swim lessons... but now that I look back, I really didn't need to! Ava learned to swim in about a week. Seriously. Everytime we would go to the pool, she would learn something new.



She is now able to do flips under the water, do a handstand under water, do cannon balls, and she can even swim the width of the pool underwater in just one breath. Yes, one breath. It's seriously one of the most amazing things I've ever seen considering that back in June she was afraid to put her whole head under water. She is literally a little fish!



Halle still wears floaties, and she is perfectly content to jump off the stairs into the pool. Just the past couple of weeks, she has been able to jump and actually go under the water.  For the longest time, she would just put the front of her face under water. For some reason, having the back of her head under the water freaked her out. Yes, I tried to reason with her that the hardest part of going under the water was putting her nose in, and that she was now okay to put her whole head under, but she didn't listen. Meh, oh well.



Halle also learned to float on her back. It is just the cutest thing to watch her!


My girls have the cutest tan lines ever. Their bodies are just as white as can be, but their legs, arms, and faces are brown!! Even Colbie has a little tan!

We love going to the swimming pool, and have loved spending time with our friends there!

No comments:

Post a Comment