Friday, May 16, 2008

Jars


Holy moly, you can really tell it's wedding season. I have like 5 weddings within 3 weeks. WOW. Well, along with the weddings comes a wedding shower. It's for a good friend of mine that I knew through high school. I was assigned the letter "J" for her shower. Well, you'd think it would be easy because her name is Jill and she's marrying Jeff. Well, I was coming up with nothing. When I got married, I really appreciated the gifts that helped me stock my pantry... so I wanted to incorporate that into my gift. I decided that I would get several jars and put mixes in them. I decided to do a breakfast mix, a beverage mix, a dessert mix, a soup mix, and a dip mix. I came across recipes for cinnamon pancakes, hot cocoa, brownies, chicken noodle soup, and a Mexian fiesta dip. Yummy. It was quick and easy to put them together. I typed up all the directions for the mixes in fun colors and fonts. All in all, I'm pretty pleased with my gift. I just hope she likes it. :)

2 comments:

  1. cute jars your brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is SUCH a great idea! Actually, would you mind e-mailing me the recipes? I would love to "steal" your idea from you!

    MitziRobinson@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete